• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

A culture is developing whereby the senior players must play regardless of how awful they play. Willian, David Luiz, are 2 players who shouod not be starting based on their current form.

And to think we could have got around 50 - 60 million for the pair last summer. 

Next on the agenda is to flog CHO and Christensen next summer and give those two clowns another contract extension. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Blue Rod   
41 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

And to think we could have got around 50 - 60 million for the pair last summer. 

Next on the agenda is to flog CHO and Christensen next summer and give those two clowns another contract extension. 

We should have sold both players  in the summer. I wouldn't have mind if their two replacements took time to settle. Both have fundamental irrectifiable flaws. For a player of Willian's status, his decision making in that crucial goal creating moment has always been poor, and his ability to execute his final pass also very poor. As for David Luiz, I don't know what Sarri sees in him as a defender.

We currently have a strange situatuon; an Italian head coach who is not very good at organising his defence.  A bit like a Viking captain who can't steer a ship. 

chelboy   

Why do so many want to see Jorginho and Cesc together all of a sudden? Are we not defending bad enough as it is? Lets just give the back 4 even less protection by having two midfielders who can not defend to save their lives. Teams would walk around us with those two together.  

We are probably going to see the usual no goal threat midfield trio of Kova, Jorginho and Kante on Sunday. If anything RLC is probably the no.8 Sarri is looking for. He keeps trying to hope it can be Kovacic but quite clearly he is not very attacking. Its a shame he froze Barkley out when he had some momentum too. 3 goals and 3 assists so far this season in the PL. Not bad. 

Blue Rod   
26 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Why do so many want to see Jorginho and Cesc together all of a sudden? Are we not defending bad enough as it is? Lets

Exactly. I thought Fabregas' defensive qualities were as bad as it gets until Jorginho came. Whatever Sarri ball means, when your attack breaks down you have to defend. At the moment we are making a complete mess of defending counterattacks. Sarri should be focusing on resolving that problem. It's both a problem of personnel as it is of the set up. 

There was a suggestion from Owen Hargreaves the other day that Jorginho should be paired with Kante in the middle for defensive cover. We could do worse than that. Because if we don't do something about how we defend counterattacks, Manchester City are going to humiliate us next weekend. 

chelboy   
23 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Exactly. I thought Fabregas' defensive qualities were as bad as it gets until Jorginho came. Whatever Sarri ball means, when your attack breaks down you have to defend. At the moment we are making a complete mess of defending counterattacks. Sarri should be focusing on resolving that problem. It's both a problem of personnel as it is of the set up. 

There was a suggestion from Owen Hargreaves the other day that Jorginho should be paired with Kante in the middle for defensive cover. We could do worse than that. Because if we don't do something about how we defend counterattacks, Manchester City are going to humiliate us next weekend. 

Yeah its very worrying how bad we are at defending quick counters. I do hope Sarri sees the light and puts Kante In a deeper role. I have never seen a team in the PL be better than the rest by having a soft player with no defensive bone in their body protect the back 4 and play right in the heart of the action. The funny thing is we have the best player in the WORLD at breaking up play and stopping attacks but we are misusing him badly. Some even suggested selling him which I find staggering. 

Win, lose or draw, we absolutely should be scoring at least 3 tomorrow. Fulham have possibly the worst PL defence in the last decade, if not longer. 

Edited by thevelourfog

JaneB   

My usual over emotional post...…………..the gentleman that is Claudio coming back to the Bridge.  I hope we thump Fulham and I shall be very cross if we don't but love that man to bits.  The world would be a nicer place if there were more like him in it.

45 minutes ago, JaneB said:

the gentleman that is Claudio coming back to the Bridge.  I hope we thump Fulham and I shall be very cross if we don't but love that man to bits.  The world would be a nicer place if there were more like him in it.

Well said, Jane.

46 minutes ago, JaneB said:

My usual over emotional post...…………..the gentleman that is Claudio coming back to the Bridge.  I hope we thump Fulham and I shall be very cross if we don't but love that man to bits.  The world would be a nicer place if there were more like him in it.

Yep , I have an awful lot of love for Claudio . 

JaneB   
22 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Well said, Jane.

Thanks Michael :-)

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep , I have an awful lot of love for Claudio . 

It would be hard not to.  Lovely lovely man.