• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Fulham at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:00, Sunday, 2nd December, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big guns are back for this one:

 unleash the krakens:  Jorginho; Luiz; Kante; Morata

 

           kappa

Azpi  Luiz Cahill Alonso

         Jorginho

     Barkley Kovacevic

Willian Morata Hazard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sciatika   

To be honest, part of me would like to play with 3 at the back with a couple of wing backs and Giroud up front, and another part is saying no, play 4-2-3-1 with Cesc and Kante behind RLC, Barclay and Pedro with Morata up front. Or just the usual 4-3-3 with Cesc in for Jorginho and RLC for Kovacic. Realistically, I know it will be Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Jorginho, Barclay, Kovacic, Willian, Morata and Hazard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think RLC deserves a start personally. Whenever he's played this season he's performed well, he's quick, strong, skilful and has the ability and want to drive forward from midfield. I don't expect it to happen, but I think it's about time he got a decent run in the team. I'd also give Emerson some PL game time and CHO some time off the bench.

I expect we'll see this:

Kepa

Azpilicueta . Rudiger . Luiz . Alonso

Kante . Jorginho . Kovacic

Willian . Giroud . Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Emerson, Fabregas, Barkley, Pedro, Morata

 

Our biggest squad we've had in ages and the match day squad is so predictable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                       Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta - Rüdiger - Cahill - Emerson

        Kovacic - Jorginho - Loftus-Cheek

             Pedro - Morata - Willian

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Alonso, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Hazard, Giroud

No chance of happening though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think RLC deserves a start personally. Whenever he's played this season he's performed well, he's quick, strong, skilful and has the ability and want to drive forward from midfield. I don't expect it to happen, but I think it's about time he got a decent run in the team.

It really should be the easiest decision Sarri has to make. 

RLC should be seen as a starting player for us. His ceiling alone warrants it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
20 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

                       Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta - Rüdiger - Cahill - Emerson

        Kovacic - Jorginho - Loftus-Cheek

             Pedro - Morata - Willian

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Alonso, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Hazard, Giroud

No chance of happening though.

So no Kante in the squad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think RLC deserves a start personally. Whenever he's played this season he's performed well,

He has played 8 times this season, 5 starts against weak oppo.  I remember one game where he performed well (admittedly very well).  I recall one other game (yesterday) where a number of others have said he performed well.  Quite a few disappointments though.  

Why is he playing so deep? - everything I see good about him screams front 3 like Pedro or Willian.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has played 8 times this season, 5 starts against weak oppo.  I remember one game where he performed well (admittedly very well).  I recall one other game (yesterday) where a number of others have said he performed well.  Quite a few disappointments though.  

Why is he playing so deep? - everything I see good about him screams front 3 like Pedro or Willian.

If Sarri is going to continue with Jorginho or Fabregas then I think Loftus Cheek really should be given a chance, a proper chance, to be the third midfielder. I gather you were not impressed last night, I and a few others were. I agree with what someone said on another thread that I thought all round he was better last night than when he scored his hat trick.  

Arguably his best performance for us, albeit against weak opposition. He's certainly above Barkley right now and all round a better fit than Kovacic. I think after last night he should 100% start against Fulham and Wolves.

I agree with you however that Jorginho, Fabregas and Kante as out first choice midfield is a no brainer. Maybe bring in Kovacic for the big games where we don't expect to dominate possession but when teams sit deep against us and we have the vast majority of the ball it's criminal to have Fabregas on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always look forward to the West London derby, there's been some cracking games down the years. 2-0 1976 55003 there to watch us win, 4-0 in 84 over 30000 to watch Dixon and co smash the cottagers. Saw the 3-2 where Crespo got the winner and a topsy turvy 2-2 the year after or was it year before...

 

Anyway expect them to be up for it, we will have to work for the points but I think we will prevail...bring it on!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.