• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Chelsea 1

Holymoly   
1 minute ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Alonso and Azpili are huge liabilities at the moment, Kante is struggling, Hazard has dropped off badly and the team has regressed from the early season promise it showed. 

To be fair I think the two fullbacks are being left wide open by those ahead of them. Admittedly Alonso did have a poor game all round. Kante has had his confidence ripped out from underneath him by Sarri's comments and Hazard can't be expected to pull us out of the cack every single game.

I don't think the team has regressed, I just think opposing teams have worked out how to deal with our tactics. We are devoid of a plan B, we just try different players in a fixed structure.

Never thought I’d see Fabregas and Kante propping up our midfield again. It’s like last season never happened. 

Azpi and Alonso haven’t adjusted well to a back four. Sarri is just persisting with a lost cause here. Doubt he has the balls to start Zappacosta and Emerson against City though.

Pedro and Willian have no competition. Apart from a teenager who Sarri, probably rightly, feels isn’t ready. 

How we ended up with Morata and Giroud as our two strikers while sending Batshuayi and Abraham on loan is just typical of us. Sarri literally has no options now. Who decides these things? 

Sarriball looks like a distant dream. We’re stuck with the players we have and the manager won’t compromise his style. A clusterf**k waiting to happen.

Edited by Original 21

4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

To be fair I think the two fullbacks are being left wide open by those ahead of them. Admittedly Alonso did have a poor game all round. Kante has had his confidence ripped out from underneath him by Sarri's comments and Hazard can't be expected to pull us out of the cack every single game.

I don't think the team has regressed, I just think opposing teams have worked out how to deal with our tactics. We are devoid of a plan B, we just try different players in a fixed structure.

Is it wrong to expect a bit more from Hazard?

chara   
48 minutes ago, Ham said:

Setting aside an absolutely woeful performance from everyone.........

1) How has nobody noticed that Morata was fouled from behind to stop the tap in? Penalty and a red card.

2) How has fouling us every time we come forward become an acceptable tactic?

3) How did Wolves end the first half with 11 players, let alone the match?

ABSOLUTELY FUMING!!!

Thank you Ham..although I am still in shock that Chelsea actually gave up this game all your points are valid..I did say to myself that someone will(should) walk from Wolves but knew it wouldn't happen..and bizarre?..Willian is open on the right of their box..ref blows because Fabregas is down..the keeper is given the ball and from what I could see told to hoof it down to the Kepa..from pressure to nothing...I understand the concerns about head injuries but giving the defence a get out of jail free card?

I have watched Chelsea for a long long time,,sometimes from afar but always with a passion...Glory and gut wrenching disappointments at SB and away..old second division at SB but never ever walked out of a game early..today I had problems with the stream I pay extra for and after the first Wolves goal had to mess to get the game back to find it 2-1 and I was not surprised..pretty much gave up on the game ,,something I NEVER do.Why?.....to lose to such a poor side and even though Chelsea were not great the first half they should have had at least three other goals..Willians fk well saved Morata and Willian again...but first real shot and 1-1... back in the day Chelsea were always capable of being great and then throwing away games..that is not acceptable in this day and age...

RLC?...not able to influence a game..Morata...not able to play... Citeh yesterday..quote from pundits here.."So easy for City..slipped to 50% output and allowed Watford to scramble back"....Chelsea?....shades of games last year..no ability to fight back against at best an "honest" rather than gifted side..Ashamed...

31 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Is it wrong to expect a bit more from Hazard?

Hazard can’t do it all on his own. He creates our best chances, he gets us free-kicks on the edge of the box. But it’s not enough against teams that defend with lots of players behind the ball.

So we just end up passing sideways and backwards. A lot. Our passing stats are amazing. 

But we’re not really playing ‘Sarriball’. We’re playing a variation of give it to Eden then hope for the best. It’s not much different to how we played under Conte. Except with a back four. 

I can’t see any progress under Sarri. And there won’t be unless the Board are willing to invest in a couple of attacking players come January. If they don’t, then we’re going to be fifth or sixth. Which is where we deserve to be. 

kev61   

I mentioned my disappointment in RLC  - if you get the chance to watch the game again - watch how he strikes the ball with nonchalance  and doesn't pass and move, the basics in football.

Sarri is beginning to worry me - the honeymoon period is over and he is looking a bit lost.oh well,perfect timing for Lampard to take over.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Sarri is beginning to worry me - the honeymoon period is over and he is looking a bit lost.

Another Martina purchase......:).

He looks clueless, tbh. His selections; his subs; his reactions after the match (whichever match) - all thoroughly predictable. Clearly, he doesn't  have a plan 'b', or if he does, it's exactly the same as his plan 'a', just with the odd different player slotting into the same positions, with (it seems) the same instructions. Surely if things don't change, it can't be too long before Roman gives him his papers?

Leo91   

I honestly say we wait it out. There's a bit of a buffer to 6th. 5th place and winning the Europa I would have taken at the start of the season. If things seriously start to go wrong then fair enough let him go. Sarri or no Sarri, we need to bolster the starting XI. You can't win games without a goal scoring striker, you can be playing like a dogs dinner but a great striker can pull you out of the mud.

4 hours ago, Leo91 said:

It's only football lads. I'm prepared to give Sarri and the board till next season to get it right.

You reckon the Board will give Sarri to next season if we can’t beat Wolves and struggle against Fulham? It’s one thing to lose to Man City and Spurs. Sarri could always claim they’re ahead of us in development. 

If the Board want to help Sarri they’ve got January to sort things out. Otherwise no matter what Sarri does it’s going to be hard to finish in the top four without a decent striker.

So unless we somehow manage to win the Europa League and qualify for CL next season then Sarri will be a goner. 

3 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Hazard can’t do it all on his own. He creates our best chances, he gets us free-kicks on the edge of the box. But it’s not enough against teams that defend with lots of players behind the ball.

I agree with the rest of your post, but surely this is the guy who is supposedly worth 300k a week? Surely he is expected to be better than this? he's no youngster anymore either. Hazard simply has to produce the goods or we take the money and look for someone with greater consistency.