• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Chelsea 1

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Shorter memory 

PL

17/18  Played 15 Points 32 , w 10, D 2, L3

beat the spuds away, drew with bin dippers away, beat manure home, drew with the Arse home, lost to chity home 8/15pts

18/19 Played 15, points 31, w09, d4, L2

beat Arse home, drew with Manure & bin dippers at home, lost to spuds away. 5/12pts

Its a funny old game. 

No, you are ignoring the point I was responding to. 

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

For all the debate over the past couple of years about managers, players not being good enough , tactics etc one thing is 100% clear at the moment and has probably been for some time. 

We have a bunch of absolute pussys, every single one of them. Not a single leader in the entire squad, the ones people may argue are just aren't.  Azpilicueta for example is never going to be a leader in the mould of Cech, Cole, Terry, Ballack, Lampard, Drogba etc. He's a lieutenant who will do a fine job as long as someone is next to him giving the orders but is never going to drag you through the trenches. He needs a general alongside him for his leadership skills to come through.

Our entire squad is full of wet ones with not one single player able to stop the rut which we often find ourselves in. A squad full of players that desperately need leadership and guidance on the pitch and are absolutely lost without it.

A bunch of ****ing fairies.

Was you giving it large to Adam catteral on talkSPORT last night?

totall agree about the fairies and the squad is far to cosmopolitan. 

two of the coaches pets who’s only real interest these days is the two bob restaurant in London. No wonder the didn’t want to jump ship on the summer. 

As for 6 pack Cesc and more fooking selfies.

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No, you are ignoring the point I was responding to. 

Probably. 

However last night the team was pi@s poor and deserved to lose.

the opposition only has one tactic in the second half that was to attack the space behind alonso and the coach did nothing to counter it.

sarri is not an elite coach for a top European club. I can see the sucking of fag butts and picking of his nose on the increase in the next few weeks. 

9 hours ago, Ham said:

What I couldn't understand was that I was the only person who noticed it. Even after seeing replay after replay the commentator and co-commentator both said "great tackle". 

It was a tap in and yet he ended up with both feet off the ground because the defender came through him. 

I was beginning to doubt my own sanity until I saw this. 

Let's see if Sky mention it this morning in Refwatch.......... 🤔

As for Hazard, and not for the first time this season, he was fouled every time he tried to run with the ball. No mention of cynicism. 

We were individually and collectively awful last night but that had a lot to do with the refereeing. At 2-0 up against 10 men we're cruising.

If someone takes the time to watch the game again I'd be interested to see how many of them should have been on the pitch at the end. They were filthy but not quite Spurs filthy.  Nobody is. 

Ref Watch has spoken.  To quote Dermot Gallagher "For me it's 100% not a penalty"

Maybe Mark's right?

2 hours ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Ref Watch has spoken.  To quote Dermot Gallagher "For me it's 100% not a penalty"

Maybe Mark's right?

I am right and have been for a few seasons now . It's bent , the league is bent . In fact , it wouldn't surprise me if we get all the calls against City and beat them so SKY can big up Xmas football .

Edited by Mark Kelly

chara   

How can a great interception become a goal kick?...Morata has many things to sort out in his game..won't happen now..but even he cannot raise enough momentum to be sliding into the back of the net without a great deal of "assistance"...As already mentioned by many..for all the digs at Hazard he was fouled at literally every turn..what ever happened to the take care of the ballplayers campaign?..we know the answer but can you imagine if..I say Salah..but choose your own example..was fouled every time he attempted to break through or turn?..the media would be up in arms at the injustice...some things never change.

Any combination Chelsea put out should have beaten Wolves but without "someone" to pose a consistent goal threat results like yesterday will occur on a, sadly, regular basis.

Wolves are a decent team that were on a run of 1 point in 6 games.  I think we can see this game as an overdue good luck game for Wolves rather than bad luck for us. Still...

What did people think of RLC.  In highlights his highs were good.  Deflected goal and great set up of Morata.  But what was his over all contribution?
From what I saw Fabregas was great and pulled off a great tackle.  But I didn't see much from him after Kovacic came on and Fabregas moved into Kante's position.
Very sloppy pass by Christensen.  And Kepa after a run of great point saving saves, missed his chance to do that again.

On 12/5/2018 at 8:51 PM, Original 21 said:

Well I've seen it all now. Morata somehow jumping over the ball from one yard out. What a striker.

13 hours ago, Ham said:

What I couldn't understand was that I was the only person who noticed it. Even after seeing replay after replay the commentator and co-commentator both said "great tackle". 

It was a tap in and yet he ended up with both feet off the ground because the defender came through him.  

I didn't spot it either.  To be fair MOTD did highlight it.
I think no one spotted it because a) Morata didn't appeal for it and b) everyone half expected Morata to miss it anyway.
Morata's has serious appealing issues - he claims the slightest touches on the half way line and doesn't claim when he is knocked down inches from the goal line.  Foul or no foul, every striker has to appeal for a pen there.  

BTW RLC was lucky to get that shot deflected.  It would have been a great cross  on to Morata's head and Morata was of course ...........

On 12/5/2018 at 9:10 PM, MikelBlue said:

John.Moss decisions have been appalling. Allowing them to foul and hold at will without yellow cards.  

23 hours ago, Ham said:

Setting aside an absolutely woeful performance from everyone.........

1) How has nobody noticed that Morata was fouled from behind to stop the tap in? Penalty and a red card.

2) How has fouling us every time we come forward become an acceptable tactic?

3) How did Wolves end the first half with 11 players, let alone the match?

ABSOLUTELY FUMING!!!

The Morata pen
The clear foul on Willian in the build up for theirs.
The Red card late H1 on Willian in the box.  Willian just inside box, lines up to shoot and a great tackle comes in to block the shot, followed immediately after with a 2nd legs scissoring Willian in what is now a dangerous 2 footed tackle.  Red card (and penalty).

3 goals they make.

That is Spurs and Wolves taking us back 7 or 8 years in PL football style.  

Also curious about their goal at the back post.  The player looked as if he might have been offside, but curiously there was no camera to confirm/disprove that.

7 hours ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Maybe Mark's right?

Not wishing to bring jose back into this , but one of the things he never did was back down or cower in the face of overwhelming bentness ( actual word?) by officialdom. He refused to shut up and take it. I know that annoyed people because they thought it was 'him' that they enjoyed targeting and his complaints and rants just made things worse for the club. However the only time we got any resbite from refs was when jose went on Sunday morning tv with Cammy and Sheppard and calmly told them the bias that existed against us. He ran rings around them quite frankly. 

is it still happening today? Yes very possibly. We had the run of several decisions early in the season but they are a distant memory... Normal service appears to have been resumed.  Sarri sadly doesn't have the language skills or the wherewithal to confront the media or Refs , and tbh, he should focus totally on the football matters because this team is a bloody mess,  with or without dodgy refs. 

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Maybe Mark's right?

Moreover, the explanation is incredible. Dermot says "Boly gets in front of him and Morata's momentum takes him over"...........at what point is Boly ahead of Morata? You can't be waching that incident and come to that conclusion. It is impossible. The match report on Sky makes no reference to a potential penalty. The match report on football365 (owned by sky) makes no reference to a possible penalty. Every other news outlet at leasy acknowledges it.

What compounds it, is the foul prevented a clear goal. Not like a lot of penalties where there was still a lot to do. It was an open goal from a yard and he was wiped out

9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Not wishing to bring jose back into this , but one of the things he never did was back down or cower in the face of overwhelming bentness ( actual word?) by officialdom. He refused to shut up and take it. I know that annoyed people because they thought it was 'him' that they enjoyed targeting and his complaints and rants just made things worse for the club. However the only time we got any resbite from refs was when jose went on Sunday morning tv with Cammy and Sheppard and calmly told them the bias that existed against us. He ran rings around them quite frankly. 

One of the big reasons I loved (love) him, and of course one of the main reasons refs hated him - though I don't see Man U  getting such a rough deal as we used to, and I suppose he has less to complain of there.

But it was clearly club policy post JM not to take on the refs.  Not that it made any difference, the bias remained under all the managers, and only quietened down after 2012 when we did everyone the double favour of winning the CL while being crap in the Prem.

9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

is it still happening today? Yes very possibly. We had the run of several decisions early in the season but they are a distant memory... Normal service appears to have been resumed.  Sarri sadly doesn't have the language skills or the wherewithal to confront the media or Refs , and tbh, he should focus totally on the football matters because this team is a bloody mess,  with or without dodgy refs. 

No not so much.  And as you say we had decisions go our way for a run - that was a quite unique period in our post RA history.
And frankly non-confrontation is probably the right way to go.