• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 0

11 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I bet if Mourhino was setting the pace you would be right up his arse figuratively speaking.

I think you have no idea of how vulgar and and obsessional you are.

JaneB   

I'm at a works do a bit worse for wear..........how on earth did we manage to beat Man City ???😳😳😳💙💙💙

Blue Rod   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you have no idea of how vulgar and and obsessional you are.

A bit like a pot calling a kettle black. I can't think of anyone on this planet more obsessed with Mourinho than you. Don't you think it's tiring when you have to answer every post that remotely criticises Jose Mourinho? It should be normal to criticise any manager including one as flawed as Jose Mourinho. You have to ask yourself why you can't stand it. 

I love this comment from the Guardian match report. 

Is this result a surprise? Possibly. Was it a shock? Certainly not. In the past decade and a half, this is what Chelsea have done. They have beaten the teams who could not be beaten. I have followed them ever since I befriended the only kid at school who liked Chelsea. He's got two degrees and a job now. And I still don't like them. But admire them? Yes I admire Chelsea.

This is the club that beat Bayern Munich when everyone said German football would take over Europe. They beat Barcelona when Spain had only just won the World Cup on the backs of the Barca players. In the steely dark blue of Chelsea, there is a coldness, a purposeful mechanical efficiency that can cut through even the lighter blues of their Manchester counterparts. And the red ones too, for it was Chelsea who really questioned the United juggernaut during Sir Alex Ferguson's golden era. 

Of the London teams, Arsenal and Arsene will not like remembering too many meetings. Spurs will have bad memories of their eventful clash during the miracle 15-16 season that was Leicester's. That is what Chelsea do. These men, they are the true hardmen of English football. The British equivalent of Atletico Madrid. And despite their problems and their poor seasons, there is no other English team I would back to win a must win game more than them. Not even City or Liverpool. Chelsea may not be as good, and may lose. But if there is one thing this team does, it is to upset the odds.

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

, ... and Kante was no more a 2nd DM than Kovacic was the third.  

I hope you don't mind me going with Maurizio Sarri instead. In his post match press conference he says Kante was playing very close to Jorginho in today's match. (which is what I saw with my layperson eyes) If Jorginho was a DM, Kante could not have been playing very close to him as an attacker, nor did I see Jorginho change his position to get very close to Kante upfield. 

Edited by Blue Rod

kev61   
15 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm at a works do a bit worse for wear..........how on earth did we manage to beat Man City ???😳😳😳💙💙💙

Are you in fancy dress Jane? don't tell me hmmm ...dame edna everage!

Blue Rod   
13 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I love this comment from the Guardian match report. 

Is this result a surprise? Possibly. Was it a shock? Certainly not. In the past decade and a half, this is what Chelsea have done. They have beaten the teams who could not be beaten. I have followed them ever since I befriended the only kid at school who liked Chelsea. He's got two degrees and a job now. And I still don't like them. But admire them? Yes I admire Chelsea.

This is the club that beat Bayern Munich when everyone said German football would take over Europe. They beat Barcelona when Spain had only just won the World Cup on the backs of the Barca players. In the steely dark blue of Chelsea, there is a coldness, a purposeful mechanical efficiency that can cut through even the lighter blues of their Manchester counterparts. And the red ones too, for it was Chelsea who really questioned the United juggernaut during Sir Alex Ferguson's golden era. 

Of the London teams, Arsenal and Arsene will not like remembering too many meetings. Spurs will have bad memories of their eventful clash during the miracle 15-16 season that was Leicester's. That is what Chelsea do. These men, they are the true hardmen of English football. The British equivalent of Atletico Madrid. And despite their problems and their poor seasons, there is no other English team I would back to win a must win game more than them. Not even City or Liverpool. Chelsea may not be as good, and may lose. But if there is one thing this team does, it is to upset the odds.

This is just brilliant. These are the thoughts I keep to myself,  because I thought I was being biased for my club. But then even now, some surveys across Europe still place us as the most reputable English club in Europe in the current era. 

19 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

A bit like a pot calling a kettle black. I can't think of anyone on this planet more obsessed with Mourinho than you. Don't you think it's tiring when you have to answer every post that remotely criticises Jose Mourinho? It should be normal to criticise any manager including one as flawed as Jose Mourinho. You have to ask yourself why you can't stand it. 

Start with yourself.  I just think slagging people off should be done with a little self awareness and the minimum of vulgarity.

8 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I hope you don't mind me going with Maurizio Sarri instead. In his post match press conference he says Kante was playing very close to Jorginho in today's match. (which is what I saw with my layperson eyes) If Jorginho was a DM, Kante could not have been playing very close to him as an attacker, nor did I see Jorginho change his position to get very close to Kante upfield. 

Kante also played a lot closer to Kepa than he normally does.  Was that special tactics, or just a reaction to how the match was going?