• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 0

3 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I agree with that, I thought initially with Luiz there might be an outlet yet good teams also cut that out.

My thinking is if they are pressing so intently then they are short somewhere else and you need the ability to take advantage of that. We fail to do that or Sarri might be discouraging it and thus remain predictable.

I think the weaker teams got sucked into pressing earlier in the season, and we did take advantage.
The problem is that the weaker teams are no longer getting sucked in.
The only team that has pressed us recently is Spurs, but they are really good at it.

7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't 'want' to do anything of the sort. Kante's 'best attributes' don't count for much when he's being played  as he has been recently.  Playing in his best position, then he's a nailed-on starter.

Interesting question jason Cundy just asked on radio:  Kante or Sarri?  At the moment it is Kante all day long but hopefully things will improve.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think the weaker teams got sucked into pressing earlier in the season, and we did take advantage.
The problem is that the weaker teams are no longer getting sucked in.
The only team that has pressed us recently is Spurs, but they are really good at it.

Spot on. And of course, now that  plan 'a' isn't working, we have no plan 'b', just a bunch of players doing their own thing - at least that's the way it seems to me. 

chara   

Citeh are strolling to the title. The present attack consists of "average" height players basically and without Aquero KDB and anyone Pep decides not to play!..so many Citeh goals come from that ball behind a defender to a player clear almost at the byline...al la RLC yesterday the ball in becomes almost a tap in...of course no ref would ignore the type of launch that put AM in the back of the net. The thought of the two main Citeh "wingers' attacking Dave and Alonso (or Zappa and Emerson for that matter) is keeping me awake at night!!!

16 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Spot on. And of course, now that  plan 'a' isn't working, we have no plan 'b', just a bunch of players doing their own thing - at least that's the way it seems to me. 

Now I have watched the Wolves highlight it is worrying to see how a "lesser" team managed to press us into making mistakes.  I guess they operated an occasional press rather than a flat out one, but it worked pretty well.  Worrying if opponents can choose the tactics to beat us.

13 minutes ago, chara said:

Citeh are strolling to the title.

No real surprise there.

kev61   

This is a game we need to swallow our pride and play ultra defensive - we need to regroup as a team and try to stop the slide.The result is all important the way we play not so.

In retrospect, Sarri might regret not putting out the strongest side against Wolves, and let the alternate team be sacrificed to the real wolves, City.

• Like 1

chelboy   

The less of the ball we have in this one the better I reckon. We are more of a threat to our selves when passing around without any penetration  as teams will steal the ball and quickly hit us. No better team in the league at doing that than City. We should play similar to how we played against Liverpool , slightly deep and mostly on the counter. Lets be honest if we go 100% Sarri-ball with our full backs it can be 5 or 6. Going into a busy December period a defeat that big can be damaging for morale. 

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Agree Michael 

very toxic mixture currently at the club. 

Player power with a bunch of senior prima-donnas with a direct line to marina & Co

”yes man” coach with no CV who is in awe of the senior prima-donnas and picks them regardless of their form  

Board who backs the players in times of crisis 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Agree Michael 

very toxic mixture currently at the club. 

Player power with a bunch of senior prima-donnas with a direct line to marina & Co

”yes man” coach with no CV who is in awe of the senior prima-donnas and picks them regardless of their form  

Board who backs the players in times of crisis 

I get the impression Luiz and Willian are the two biggest culprits.

I've noticed lately how disinterested Luiz can be at times, particularly when he's being told what to do. While Willian, well we all what how sulky he can be at times with his poor body language and a sense of entitlement.

Think it's about time we ship them out (and a few others).