• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 0

9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Spot on. And of course, now that  plan 'a' isn't working, we have no plan 'b', just a bunch of players doing their own thing - at least that's the way it seems to me. 

Flashback to discussions about the Scolari era.

7 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I get the impression Luiz and Willian are the two biggest culprits.

I've noticed lately how disinterested Luiz can be at times, particularly when he's being told what to do. While Willian, well we all what how sulky he can be at times with his poor body language and a sense of entitlement.

Think it's about time we ship them out (and a few others).

Funny how you pick those two out.  Anyone else clashed with those two?

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Funny how you pick those two out.  Anyone else clashed with those two?

I do remember during the infamous Mourinho period, when the whole team seemed to down tools, William was the only one holding things together. Rightly or wrongly I always give him a bit more credit as a player for that. 

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, blue_everest said:

Same usual lineup and tactic. 5-0 to city.

We made a few changes on Wednesday, and everyone seemed happy before the result.

Blue Rod   
On 06/12/2018 at 11:33 AM, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't 'want' to do anything of the sort. Kante's 'best attributes' don't count for much when he's being played  as he has been recently.  Playing in his best position, then he's a nailed-on starter.

Except that against Fulham he managed MOTM playing out of position. He did the most defending in midfield, and his runs with the ball were more effective than anyone else. He is about the only player in our  team who can and would physically race down a Manchester City forward. 

Funny how quickly we've bought into Sarri's ideology, that we don't need to defend. 

On 12/6/2018 at 0:38 PM, paulw66 said:

You're going to tell me that is the holding midfielder, despite him always having played with a defensive midfielder, not as the defensive midfielder, ever since he landed in England. 

Yeah it's getting quite tedious by now. Having to endure the "Kanté is played out of position" the whole game against Wolves. He has ALWAYS and without FAIL played a sa box-to-box midfielder in England. 

For Leicester in a 2-man midfield with two covering CBs and under our most defensive manager ever he played as the BTB midfielder in a 2 with THREE covering CBs. That was later changed to BTB midfielder in a THREE man midfield with THREE covering CBs. 

Now he's asked to play in a BTB role in a 3-man midfield with two covering CBs. It's not the position that hampers him, it's the style of play. On top of that, he's also out of form and his physical traits are not what they were last two seasons. Maybe he's just fatigued after a lot of football over the last 4 seasons.

59 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I do remember during the infamous Mourinho period, when the whole team seemed to down tools, William was the only one holding things together. Rightly or wrongly I always give him a bit more credit as a player for that. 

That Willian is a bad influence in the dressing room is quite an outlandish claim. He'd be one of the last players I'd direct such an accusation against. 

44 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

That Willian is a bad influence in the dressing room is quite an outlandish claim. He'd be one of the last players I'd direct such an accusation against. 

Perhaps you'd need to have an obsessive opinion about Conte to think like that.

Blue Rod   
38 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Yeah it's getting quite tedious by now. Having to endure the "Kanté is played out of position" the whole game against Wolves. He has ALWAYS and without FAIL played a sa box-to-box midfielder in England. 

For Leicester in a 2-man midfield with two covering CBs and under our most defensive manager ever he played as the BTB midfielder in a 2 with THREE covering CBs. That was later changed to BTB midfielder in a THREE man midfield with THREE covering CBs. 

Now he's asked to play in a BTB role in a 3-man midfield with two covering CBs. It's not the position that hampers him, it's the style of play. On top of that, he's also out of form and his physical traits are not what they were last two seasons. Maybe he's just fatigued after a lot of football over the last 4 seasons.

Is this comment for real? Since when did  Kante become a box to box midfielder?. You can't be a box to box midfielder and a defensive midfielder  all at the same time. By definition,  a box to box midfielder goes wherever the ball goes, whereas the DM sits back to protect the back 4 from the inevitable backlash when the party breaks up at the other end. 

And, Kante is not played as a box to box midfielder at the moment. He is played as a right sided midfielder. He could not just abandon his position and go box to box.