• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday, 8th December, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

xCELERYx   

We're probably better off just forfeiting this one and taking the 3-0 loss. Going to be a lot less painful than watching the pathetic football we've served up lately. 

Fortunately I'm away this weekend for my eldest daughters birthday, so I won't be able to watch. I might ignore the score entirely and then I'll never need to know how bad it is.

I've been positive up to now, but I am now very worried for what's going to happen with this squad and manager. I REALLY hope Sarri is backed in January and can bring in players more suited to his system and striker or 2 we can actually rely on to score. He also needs to start working on a plan B asap.

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Arrizabalaga

Zappacosta

Rudiger

Luiz

Emerson

Jorginho

Kovecic

Fabregas

Pedro

Giroud

Hazard

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Kante, Willian, Alonso, Moses

You want to leave out Kante for the game where his best attributes will be most required? Odd. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

You want to leave out Kante for the game where his best attributes will be most required? Odd. 

I do too. He is off form and playing in a position he is not great at.

If we were going to play him to do the job he is best at, then of course he starts.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't 'want' to do anything of the sort. Kante's 'best attributes' don't count for much when he's being played  as he has been recently.  Playing in his best position, then he's a nailed-on starter.

6 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I do too. He is off form and playing in a position he is not great at.

If we were going to play him to do the job he is best at, then of course he starts.

This.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't 'want' to do anything of the sort. Kante's 'best attributes' don't count for much when he's being played  as he has been recently.  Playing in his best position, then he's a nailed-on starter.

You're going to tell me that is the holding midfielder, despite him always having played with a defensive midfielder, not as the defensive midfielder, ever since he landed in England.