• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Europa League match against MOL Vidi at Groupama Arena, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:55, Thursday, 13th December, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

paulw66   

After the joy of Saturday, I am struggling to give one solitary sh~*t about this game. 

Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Kante, Alonso, Luiz, Jorginho, Azpilicueta, Rudiger should all be at home relaxing.

Would be tempted to try Morata and Giroud together, if nothing else but to allow the above to rest.

Kepa, Zappa, Merson, AC, Cahill, Ampadu, Fabregas, Barkely, CHO, Morata, RLC (changed my mind on the 2 CFs) 

28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

After the joy of Saturday, I am struggling to give one solitary sh~*t about this game. 

Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Kante, Alonso, Luiz, Jorginho, Azpilicueta, Rudiger should all be at home relaxing.

Would be tempted to try Morata and Giroud together, if nothing else but to allow the above to rest.

Kepa, Zappa, Merson, AC, Cahill, Ampadu, Fabregas, Barkely, CHO, Morata, RLC (changed my mind on the 2 CFs) 

Paul will be made up , his whole family are blues and to get a debut for the club you supported as a boy will make his Christmas even at his ripe old age.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Paul will be made up , his whole family are blues and to get a debut for the club you supported as a boy will make his Christmas even at his ripe old age.

Took me a while to work out what you were on about........stick him up front. 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Took me a while to work out what you were on about........stick him up front. 

I expect he'll have more joy than poor old Alvaro at the moment

kev61   

Morata not on the bench again please - not one to put the boot in but we know he's shite  - Sarri knows he's shite - and above all he knows he's shite I could almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't a multi - millionaire.

Meaningless game, so rest everyone.

Team should be: Caballero, Zappa, Christensen, Ampadu, Emerson, Barkley, Fabregas, RLC, Moses, Giroud, CHO.

Leave Hazard, Willian, Kante, Jorginho, Luiz, Rudiger, Azpi and Kepa at home.

Edited by James Prescott

paulw66   
44 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Meaningless game, so rest everyone.

Team should be: Caballero, Zappa, Christensen, Ampadu, Emerson, Barkley, Fabregas, RLC, Moses, Giroud, CHO.

Leave Hazard, Willian, Kante, Jorginho, Luiz, Rudiger, Azpi and Kepa at home.

Maybe try and get Moses in the shop window.......talk that that Palace and Fulham are interested. Would be a nice start to the window in January. 

Surely this will be the one for wholesale changes, I would expect to see:

Caballero

Zappa Cahill Christensen Emerson

Ampadu Fabregas Barkley

CHO Giroud RLC

Bench: Whoever is eligible to be in the squad but not Luiz, Azpi, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, Hazard or Willian

Sciatika   

I am not sure. If I were Sarri, I would be trying out different combinations in game time. But the combinations should be realistic (I.e. not simply changing everyone) because the lessons learned would not have applicability to the more important games. We might expect to see Cahill and Christensen, but we might learn more useful things from, say, Christensen and Rudiger (not that I am suggesting that). I would certainly play CHO on the left because we need to get a different option to Hazard. I know what Pedro and Willian give us. I wish we had a decent third striker to get game time. Imagine how useful it would be to have Tammy playing games for us.