• Current Donation Goals

kev61   
17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Haha me too mate. Found it by accident. You ain't missed much.

Oh well got to see ten minutes - there's always masterchef.

3 cracking goals and a tap in from Ampadu.  

Willian's fk was brilliant.  Giroud's was even better.  Both topped by an absolute class goal by Nego, a real belter.
And Giroud's harder chance which just went over would have been best of the lot if it went in.

Still not an entertaining game - I blame the players.

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:
2 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Bit of a yawn fest. But a good insight into why Sarri chooses certain players and overlooks others.

Last sentence unfair. Dead rubber with zero to play for,  freezing night in eastern Europe. Not ideal environment to make a big impression. 

Very much with Original 21.  Other than Pedro/Willian, 10 of the starters may get 2 more chances this season, the FA cup 3rd round and the final EL group game.  And that is as true for Barkley or Christensen or Morata or Fabregas as it is for CHO or Ampadu.  Hugely disappointing performances.  If Cahill or Moses (who are clearly marked to leave) played like that I could understand.  But these guys look like they have settled for the B team when actually this could have been their last chance to impress.

Or at least that is how it looked today.

The Ref - so that is what reffing is supposed to be like.  Between 65 & 75 mins, Vidi got nasty and kicked everything that went past them.  Whether they were desperate to hang on to a lead, or were just tiring as Chelsea tried to come back, or whether it was a cynical plot, really doesn't matter.  The ref booked 4 of them in 10 minutes - as if he was in charge of the game.
RLC was harshly booked right after, but that was to be expected giving how quickly he was getting the book out.  Now if only some English refs were watching and taking notes.  (No doubt Poll and Clattenberg would say the ref destroyed an entertaining game by making it safe for the Chelsea players on the pitch).

A dead rubber game and it showed. A lot of the players put in 5/10 performances which was not surprising but a little disappointing as they should be trying to stamd out at this point. As for the young boys, Ampadu showed glimpses of how good he is on the ball and I wish he had started in midfield as I think that is where he is better. As for CHO he was quite when out on the right but came alive on the left, for me he has bags of potential but will struggle for any meaningful minutes as he looks a little lost on the right and is not getting in ahead of Hazard or Willian on the left. 

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

3 cracking goals and a tap in from Ampadu.  

Willian's fk was brilliant.  Giroud's was even better.  Both topped by an absolute class goal by Nego, a real belter.
And Giroud's harder chance which just went over would have been best of the lot if it went in.

Still not an entertaining game - I blame the players.

Very much with Original 21.  Other than Pedro/Willian, 10 of the starters may get 2 more chances this season, the FA cup 3rd round and the final EL group game.  And that is as true for Barkley or Christensen or Morata or Fabregas as it is for CHO or Ampadu.  Hugely disappointing performances.  If Cahill or Moses (who are clearly marked to leave) played like that I could understand.  But these guys look like they have settled for the B team when actually this could have been their last chance to impress.

Or at least that is how it looked today.

The Ref - so that is what reffing is supposed to be like.  Between 65 & 75 mins, Vidi got nasty and kicked everything that went past them.  Whether they were desperate to hang on to a lead, or were just tiring as Chelsea tried to come back, or whether it was a cynical plot, really doesn't matter.  The ref booked 4 of them in 10 minutes - as if he was in charge of the game.
RLC was harshly booked right after, but that was to be expected giving how quickly he was getting the book out.  Now if only some English refs were watching and taking notes.  (No doubt Poll and Clattenberg would say the ref destroyed an entertaining game by making it safe for the Chelsea players on the pitch).

When the only reason you have been picked is to give an A team player a rest or to help avoid them picking up an injury it must psychology tough to focus on such a pointless game. And If CHO had scored a great goal or Ampedu had played great and help keep a clean sheet , would you expect them to play in the next PL game ( or any PL game this season for that matter). They are just cannon fodder . Unfortunately for Morata we have no CF cannon fodder available so he took the hit.