• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 AFC Bournemouth 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our EFL Cup Quarter Final against AFC Bournemouth at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday, 19th December, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

paulw66   

Really hope we lose* this one. League Cup semis last year were pretty crucial in our demise. Two extra midweek games in January are not needed

*Am sure when the game starts I'll be wanting us to win, I just wish there was a way we could do so without having to bother with the semis!

Jasonb   

It's tricky as we all know you can easily say throw this one away and prioritise the FA Cup and Europa yet then with the FA Cup draw you get either City or Liverpool away and then likely you have just the EFL. We could buy in January which will give us better options on the pitch too, to challenge on multiple fronts.

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Really hope we lose* this one. League Cup semis last year were pretty crucial in our demise. Two extra midweek games in January are not needed

*Am sure when the game starts I'll be wanting us to win, I just wish there was a way we could do so without having to bother with the semis!

The thing is, we have esstentially have a B team this year, so the extra games are handy to keep them playing whilst having little effect on the first XI (except giving Kepa lots of exposure which is a good thing in my book as he is pretty raw.) 

To be honest, I am looking forward to this one as it is a game that will be a bit of a test for our B team as Bmouth are a decent PL side who have done well this season and should be looking at this as an oppotunity to win their first trophy as no way are they now getting relegated. 

For me the team should be as follows: 

Kepa 

Zappa Christensen Ampadu Emerson 

Barkley Cesc RLC 

Pedro Morata CHO

Subs - Willy, Alonso, Luiz, Kante, Willian, Hazard, Giroud

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Conte Kante said:

The thing is, we have esstentially have a B team this year, so the extra games are handy to keep them playing whilst having little effect on the first XI (except giving Kepa lots of exposure which is a good thing in my book as he is pretty raw.) 

To be honest, I am looking forward to this one as it is a game that will be a bit of a test for our B team as Bmouth are a decent PL side who have done well this season and should be looking at this as an oppotunity to win their first trophy as no way are they now getting relegated. 

For me the team should be as follows: 

Kepa 

Zappa Christensen Ampadu Emerson 

Barkley Cesc RLC 

Pedro Morata CHO

Subs - Willy, Alonso, Luiz, Kante, Willian, Hazard, Giroud

If that is the team, then fine. 

I suspect it won't be.

paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

It's tricky as we all know you can easily say throw this one away and prioritise the FA Cup and Europa yet then with the FA Cup draw you get either City or Liverpool away and then likely you have just the EFL. We could buy in January which will give us better options on the pitch too, to challenge on multiple fronts.

We have 1 objective this season. CL qualification, which can be achieved via top 4, or winning the EL.

For me, the domestic trophies can go on the back burner. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If that is the team, then fine. 

I suspect it won't be.

Of course, if he starts players such as Luiz, Jorginho, Hazard etc, then we need to go out pronto. 

Don't think Hazard will start/play after picking up a knock against Brighton. Not sure if Morata is back yet, Giroud up top if not. Hopefully Morata is fit again for the January transfer window. Cahill is fit again, expect him to start with Christensen. Ampadu in midfield is a possibility but I expect he will start on the bench.

For cheapskates with no membership like me - Jan 5th Saturday FA cup 3rd round tickets are on General sale today - £30 / £15 concessions

Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest.

Jasonb   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

We have 1 objective this season. CL qualification, which can be achieved via top 4, or winning the EL.

For me, the domestic trophies can go on the back burner. 

Two further considerations, should we beat Bournemouth and make it to the semis that would make us more attractive again to any January targets we are after. The second point is about maintaining the winning mentality.