• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 AFC Bournemouth 0

9 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Kev, there's a significant difference between 'in crisis"(the way you mean it), and simply being a troll.

Indeed! He was a thoroughly nasty piece of work in my book.

9 hours ago, kev61 said:

But the thing is Jane as much as a rocket he sounds and is obviously under the influence of something,he never abused or got personal with anyone.I admit I am far more unseemly.

Well he tried it on with me Kev  before I put him on ignore. And you are a gentleman's gentleman by comparison.

paulw66   

Just seen.......at the end of Janaury / early Feb, we have Arsenal, Bourneouth and City away. 2 extra games at this time of year is the last thing we need. 

chelboy   
10 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

The right type of additions will help, the problem being is that we're probably looking at needing £400m+ worth of additions to really get back to where we want to be. That's provided Sarri doesn't screw us by alienating more players than he already has, and we manage to keep a hold of Hazard and some of our younger talents.

We'll definitely lose Cahill and Moses, likely in January. That leaves Fabregas, Christensen, Zappacosta, and Emerson with uncertain futures moving forward given all seem to be out of favour when it comes to the PL team. That could increase to RLC and CHO depending how they see their first team opportunities in the future. We'll have Luiz out of contract at the end of the season, along with Giroud (Fabregas and Cahill are also in this boat). Then we have Morata's situation, not to mention trying to flog off Drinkwater if he decides to move on. We may or may not also end up keeping Kovavic. To top it off both Pedro and Willian will be 32 and 31 respectively going into next season and in the final years of their contracts. 

With the areas we already need to strengthen as it is, worst case scenario looks incredibly grim in terms of turnover and the financial implications of replacing so many players. We could end up in a really bad position if we're not careful that may take years to recover from. 

Best case is that we manage to keep a hold of a few of the players we do have. Hazard commits his future to the club and we go out and sign a few genuine quality players who walk into the first team and immediately improve us. 

With all that in mind I think it's incredibly important that Sarri learns to adapt better to what he has on hand if we wants to succeed. If he persists with being inflexible with his approach then he'll probably be out the door sooner rather than later. 

Yes ,being flexible is crucial for Sarri right now especially in the second half of the season where we are going to have a much tougher rounds of fixtures. 4 of the top 5 rivals we have to play away in the PL not to mention a tough LC semi against Spurs. Europa will also get tougher as will the FA cup. If he is not being flexible in the 2nd half of the season then we can see something similar to what we saw last season under Conte and a big drop in the table from January with players tiring by Feb. 

13 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

MotM is between Kovacic and RLC, both were very good today and Kovacic showed that he has been playing the the wrong position as No.6 is his best role.

Completely agree. I've been saying this for a while - no idea why Kovacic is being used as the #8. It's not his position and he isn't very good creating. He's the type of midfielder who is doing most of his good work in the build-up phase. He's so bleeding obviously a #6. The midfield is;

#4: Jorginho (Fabregas)

#6: Kanté (Kovacic)

#8: Loftus-Cheek (Barkley)

I find it very strange Sarri doesn't see it the same way. I also think that we should rotate the wingers more and let both RLC and CHO get some playing time at RW and LW respectively. 

RW: Pedro (Loftus-Cheek)

LW: Hazard (Willian, CHO)

Moses can (and should) be sold. 

paulw66   
26 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Callum Wilson any good?

Most notable contribution was bodychecking Kepa for no reason 

Kezza   
39 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Didn't do much this game but we should be looking at him as potential Chelsea player.

Why though? He's more Lukaku than Aguero to me.

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Just seen.......at the end of Janaury / early Feb, we have Arsenal, Bourneouth and City away. 2 extra games at this time of year is the last thing we need. 

Agreed, all the cup games in January last year definitely took there toll.  Trouble is Sarri is trophyless in his career and the side played last night shows he wants to win it.