• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 AFC Bournemouth 0

49 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

He's actually better suited to playing with more attacking freedom ironically enough. Go watch him during his Inter Milan days where he played his best football, it's night and day to how he's utilised now. He used to make some ridiculously powerful runs from midfield right through sides, rounding it out with a strike on goal or laying it off to the CF. Something we're sorely missing at times. 

Idk who decided to shackle him so much offensively, but if he can be given more licence to create and attack again he'll have a far greater impact on games. The Kovacic we see now is a watered down version.

Maybe it's a cunning ploy by Sari not to make Kovacic look too good so that we can convert the loan into a permanent move... then he'll be unleashed to wreak havoc! 😉

Edited by Bob Singleton
  • Haha 1

kev61   
42 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

He's actually better suited to playing with more attacking freedom ironically enough. Go watch him during his Inter Milan days where he played his best football, it's night and day to how he's utilised now. He used to make some ridiculously powerful runs from midfield right through sides, rounding it out with a strike on goal or laying it off to the CF. Something we're sorely missing at times. 

Idk who decided to shackle him so much offensively, but if he can be given more licence to create and attack again he'll have a far greater impact on games. The Kovacic we see now is a watered down version.

Kovacic was a different class last night,I always said there is something about him that I like even when he was deemed to have a bad game by some.

After last night's game I know what he has...skill,awareness,intelligence on the ball but also determination(a rarity in today's game) he is a player we should sign full time as soon as possible imo.

chara   
14 hours ago, paulw66 said:

RLC was at the heart of everything we did well from an attacking standpoint. Not sure why he is the one you refer to.....why not comment on just about anyone else? 

And what Christensen do wrong? They never really had a sniff. He's a brilliant young defender, and with Cahill and Luiz 30+ we need to keep our younger defenders.  

Bit slow responding..sorry mate...didn't elaborate enough..maybe should have said RLC played well but I still need to be convinced that he can/will produce consistently..that is my problem with him..Christensen? (spelling right this time!)...not so much a criticsm of this game but again he seems to have slipped from earlier form... I was thinking more that Chelsea "take the money" and use it to improve the squad while he is marketable....don't see him as a long term defender al la JT...just an opinion and I will say I'm wrong if I'm proven so and would not be upset if I am wrong.

Others?..Barkley ..no spark...Willian too predictable...Emerson Ok..as were all of them but ok is not enough from players of their ability...Rudiger looks a beast most games and the Kepa seems to be learning the EPL...

paulw66   
10 hours ago, chara said:

Bit slow responding..sorry mate...didn't elaborate enough..maybe should have said RLC played well but I still need to be convinced that he can/will produce consistently..that is my problem with him..Christensen? (spelling right this time!)...not so much a criticsm of this game but again he seems to have slipped from earlier form... I was thinking more that Chelsea "take the money" and use it to improve the squad while he is marketable....don't see him as a long term defender al la JT...just an opinion and I will say I'm wrong if I'm proven so and would not be upset if I am wrong.

Others?..Barkley ..no spark...Willian too predictable...Emerson Ok..as were all of them but ok is not enough from players of their ability...Rudiger looks a beast most games and the Kepa seems to be learning the EPL...

On RLC, I would say now he is starting to impact games almost every time he plays. Wednesday, the game at Wolves, coming on against City, Fulham and Brighton....... My mjaor doubt over him still is his capability over 90 minutes. Seems to run out of puff in the last 20, but maybe he needs more 90 minutes under his belt. 

Christensen - time will tell, but I think he is and will be an excellent centre half for years to come. With both Cahill going, and Luiz turning 32 in April, it would be mad to let him go IMO. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Well I don't want to come across as dismissive, but being a direct player in Italy and being a direct player in England isn't exactly the same thing imo. 

Here he's nothing special at all when it comes to speed and ability to break through. Even RLC is miles ahead of him when it comes to that. In England his strength is his mobility, passing and intricate footwork. Not his speed. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

On RLC, I would say now he is starting to impact games almost every time he plays. Wednesday, the game at Wolves, coming on against City, Fulham and Brighton....... My mjaor doubt over him still is his capability over 90 minutes. Seems to run out of puff in the last 20, but maybe he needs more 90 minutes under his belt. 

Fully agree on the bolded bit. 

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

My guess is that a) we were supposed to be winning by 60 mins, and b) Christensen was never supposed to come off, so a Kante for RLC substitution (to go back to a more balanced CM3) was the plan.  And RLC was planning his efforts around a 70 min game only to find himself playing the last half hour in midfield.

As for needing more 90 mins - that is perhaps the lousiest excuse I can think of.  Imagine an actor saying "all I need to be a great actor is a few more starring film roles".  But as it is, RLC is, for the first time in a blue shirt, having a good run.

Edited by Droy was my hero

kev61   
9 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Here he's nothing special at all when it comes to speed and ability to break through. Even RLC is miles ahead of him when it comes to that. In England his strength is his mobility, passing and intricate footwork. Not his speed. 

"RLC is miles ahead of him"?  wow! It's funny how we watch the same players and have absolutely different views - I think Kovacic possesses the ability that could see him as one of the best players in the premiership - "RLC miles ahead" bonkers imho.

xCELERYx   
12 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Well I don't want to come across as dismissive, but being a direct player in Italy and being a direct player in England isn't exactly the same thing imo. 

When did I mention anything about speed? I said he would make powerful runs, which comes from his strength, technical skill on the ball and ability to ride a challenge. He's just not afforded that same level of freedom here attacking wise and in turn his play has been watered down. The speed he does have, is certainly enough for him to break lines when needed. 

10 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

(Kovacic)   When did I mention anything about speed? I said he would make powerful runs, which comes from his strength, technical skill on the ball and ability to ride a challenge. He's just not afforded that same level of freedom here attacking wise and in turn his play has been watered down. The speed he does have, is certainly enough for him to break lines when needed. 

Really.  He seems to get lots of opportunity.  I wonder who else plays in the same position, Barkley and RLC, what does that tell us.

20 hours ago, kev61 said:

"RLC is miles ahead of him"?  wow! It's funny how we watch the same players and have absolutely different views - I think Kovacic possesses the ability that could see him as one of the best players in the premiership - "RLC miles ahead" bonkers imho.

If you read my post I’m sure you’ll get it eventually. Until then though.... 

16 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

When did I mention anything about speed? I said he would make powerful runs, which comes from his strength, technical skill on the ball and ability to ride a challenge. He's just not afforded that same level of freedom here attacking wise and in turn his play has been watered down. The speed he does have, is certainly enough for him to break lines when needed. 

Powerful runs? He doesn’t have speed or power in his runs when compared to the players he compete with in that position. 

I’m sorry, completely disagree with you here. Speedy or powerful runs has never been his strength.