• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leicester City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday, 22nd December, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

The games are going to come thick and fast now. We now have two more LC games in Jan, plus the FA cup proper starts, plus we are in Europa league, plus we are fighting for top 4. This will be interesting. 

JaneB   
10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

The games are going to come thick and fast now. We now have two more LC games in Jan, plus the FA cup proper starts, plus we are in Europa league, plus we are fighting for top 4. This will be interesting. 

Got to be in it to win it 🙄

Just in passing NB, how does Mrs NB feel about Jose being sacked?

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Going to be interesting to see if Sarri expands his PL rotation during this. No way can we carry on playing the same 14 players. 

21 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Going to be interesting to see if Sarri expands his PL rotation during this. No way can we carry on playing the same 14 players. 

But Conte could.

The difference of course is that if you have too few players, it is very probable that some are playing when not fully fit, and making their injuries worse.  Whereas when you have too many players but stick to the same ones, at least we can be confident that the ones appearing are all still fully fit.

Edited by Droy was my hero

paulw66   

Kepa, Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, Kante, RLC, Pedro, Willian, Hazard

Only doubts are RLC versus Barkely or Kovacic and whether one of the front 3 is a CF. The rest is a shoe in based on last night.

Means only 4 outfield players who started last night are required to start again. 

11 hours ago, JaneB said:

Got to be in it to win it 🙄

Just in passing NB, how does Mrs NB feel about Jose being sacked?

I think a sense of inevitability.  Tbh I think she misses the cheeky Jose with glint in his eye and always a cutting witty comment on the tip of his tongue. This version was match weary, player weary, hotel weary and dare I say life weary. It's a shame because managers who are real characters make the PL great and the best league in the world. I even miss Wenger and I certainly miss Fergie. I also think we will miss Mourinho. 

Edit: I'm finding Sarri's personality a bit dull if I'm honest. Contes first season with crowd surfing was amazing. Funny how circumstances  can change a person so dramatically. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

Kepa 

Dave Rudi Luiz Alonso 

Kante Jorginho RLC

Pedro Hazard Willian 

Subs 

Willy Amapdu Emerson Kovacic Barkley CHO Giroud

If Christensen is fit then he will make the bench. 

With games coming thick and fast we have to start rotating a bit more in the league, but it's always such a tricky balance to get right and will be harder with this team as we've only had so few play in the league up to now. I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Hazard RLC

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappa, Barkley, Fabregas, Willian, Giroud

Come on Chels!