• Current Donation Goals

11 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Without a doubt one of the most frustrating and puzzling players I have seen. He honestly has the talents and ability of players like Robben and Ribery but his mentality and ambition leaves a lot to be desired imo. It’s hard to phantom. 

Definitely shouldn't be starting as a attacker for us, I mean just look at his league status: 

He has missed just 1 game this season (Fulham home) playing 1223 minutes. He has 2 goals and 3 assists in total. That's like 1 attacking return in every 3 game. It's remarkable how much Hazard is carrying us. 

One of those games that were just enough.  Hazard Motm obviously. Kante, Luiz, Willian, Azpi, Alonso, Kepa good.  A rare game containing a few mistakes by Rudiger.  Kovacic, who I don't generally rate highly, had a very good game, including some great passes.

They seem to be getting the hang of Hazard at No 9.  And generally he is playing more as the CF which is clearly the plan, rather than occasionally drifting deep out of frustration.  As a result all 3 CMs are gradually picking better and better forward balls, while Kante is getting into the box too.  He'll score 2 or 3 one game this season, I feel sure of it.  Then they'll be no stopping him.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

CHO looks like someone desperate to do what his coach wants and not what he excels at .

yeah.  But essentially he was doing the right thing.  We were a goal up and so Azpi almost never joined with the RW to make it 2vs2.  So everytime CHO got the ball it was 1 vs 2, and he quite rightly threatened to go, drew them both to him, and turned and passed  back.  Neatly done, and I am sure Sarri was happy, but admittedly not the way to get the crowd on their feet.

I had presumed he'd go off eventually for Giroud - after all he was on to replace an injured Pedro, was going to get 40 mins, and if Giroud came on Sarri would take off either Pedro or Willian (or CHO).  But given it was Emerson, I guess that CHO would probably have stayed on but for injury.

Emerson was pretty good, in keeping with every solid allround performance I have ever seen from him.  Interesting to see he got the LW/LM role and Alonso stayed LB.  

This site - doesn't seem to matter how well Pedro or Willian play.  The during match posters will always have a go at them.   

kev61   

So you don't rate Kovacic "highly" do you date Jorginho "highly"?  - imo he's worse than Matic whom you didn't date at all.

Panda   
4 minutes ago, kev61 said:

So you don't rate Kovacic "highly" do you date Jorginho "highly"?  - imo he's worse than Matic whom you didn't date at all.

It's probably a good thing Droy didn't date Matic at all. 

• Like 1

kev61   
1 minute ago, Panda said:

It's probably a good thing Droy didn't date Matic at all. 

Haha predictive text - ridiculous, Droy wouldn never cheat on Mourhino!.

• Haha 3

Ham   

Personally I was impressed with Willian purely based on his workrate. He won possession for us time and time again. He was unlucky not to have a couple of goals too. 

Leo91   

Yeah his stats are actually shocking but Willian did good tonight. Should have scored after rounding the GK. Better player when we play on the counter as he can run into space. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Personally I was impressed with Willian purely based on his workrate. He won possession for us time and time again. He was unlucky not to have a couple of goals too. 

Well that's it - he gets abused during the game on here, and then everyone who watched the match without posting at the same time comes on and says he did OK.  Every week.

kev61   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

He gets a bad rap because we expect more from him given his talent - Kovacic also gets unwarranted criticism imo.

Blue Rod   
13 minutes ago, kev61 said:

He gets a bad rap because we expect more from him given his talent - Kovacic also gets unwarranted criticism imo.

Willian just epitomizes where we are as a club at the moment. Once we start to dress up an average performance as a good one, and try to see some good deeds by a player that were not obvious to the average eye, you know we are on the highway to mediocrity.

It's almost like Willian took the ball, went past 2 midfielders and 3 defenders of Watford, and let fly a thunderbolt  into the top corner of the Watford  net, and all this was seen only by a few wise men of football. 

• Like 1