• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:00, Sunday, 30th December, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

xCELERYx   

Big game. Really hate playing Palace, they really seem to be a thorn in our side at times. 

3 points here to round out the year would be good and depending how the Liverpool v Arsenal game goes, may mean a little extra separation between 4th and 5th spot. 

I dare say Pedro and CHO will be out, which is going to leave us short at AM. Although I presume RLC should have recovered from his knock and may end up getting a start if Sarri sticks with Hazard upfront.

Jasonb   

Agree that this is an important fixture to build momentum and that Roy Hogdson has improved them. They raise their game against us so we will need to be alert.

I caught that Andros Townsend was saying about working on his game by watching DVDs of Jamie Vardy, with that recent finish against City I think he has surpassed Vardy.

Now whether or not he has, is irrespective seems like Hogdson has inspired them to look higher.

Expect us to win if we apply ourselves...........

4 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Expect us to win if we apply ourselves...........

That seems to be a big part of the issue we are currently struggling with. Hazard notwithstanding.

What is it Millwall call them ? Stripey Nigels , or is that Brighton ?

Really don't like them at all.

Another weak ref though (Pawson - first name ,Piss) so again we'll do well to get through this hive of scum and villainy with a point.

This is their cup final so we need to be out of the blocks quickly not strolling around again .

xCELERYx   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

What is it Millwall call them ? Stripey Nigels , or is that Brighton ?

Really don't like them at all.

Another weak ref though (Pawson - first name ,Piss) so again we'll do well to get through this hive of scum and villainy with a point.

This is their cup final so we need to be out of the blocks quickly not strolling around again .

90 minutes of complete focus is a must. All too often we've dropped our guard after scoring and then end up looking like Bambi on ice. We can't rely on Hazard to carry us through every game. Time some other more senior players stepped up. 

jones   

Pedro likely out according to Evening Standard. Not sure what is latest on CHO, but do not expect him to start still. I suppose Sarri wants to continue with Hazard up front, meaning RLC is the most realistic option on the right. Other than that I am expecting an unchanged team, even if Emerson should soon be rewarded with a PL start.

Kepa

Azpi Rudi Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

RLC Eden Willian

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Emerson, Cesc, Barkley, CHO, Giroud

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jones said:

Pedro likely out according to Evening Standard. Not sure what is latest on CHO, but do not expect him to start still. I suppose Sarri wants to continue with Hazard up front, meaning RLC is the most realistic option on the right. Other than that I am expecting an unchanged team, even if Emerson should soon be rewarded with a PL start.

Kepa

Azpi Rudi Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

RLC Eden Willian

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Emerson, Cesc, Barkley, CHO, Giroud

That seems like the most plausible starting XI. 

Does anyone know for sure why RLC was left out? Doesn’t seem to have been confirmed injured by Sarri. 

4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

That seems like the most plausible starting XI. 

Does anyone know for sure why RLC was left out? Doesn’t seem to have been confirmed injured by Sarri. 

I think he had a muscle strain and was kept out to save him for Palace 

I doubt CHO and Pedro will make this one. For me that leaves us with the following; 

Kepa 

Dave Rudi Luiz Alonso 

Kante Jorginho Kovacic 

RLC Hazard Willian 

Subs: Willy, Christensen, Zappa, Emerson, Ampadu, Barkley, Giroud