• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

Just watching Southampton versus West Ham .

Pawson has literally no idea what is going on . We're in for a fun Sunday.

14 hours ago, jones said:

Pedro likely out according to Evening Standard. Not sure what is latest on CHO, but do not expect him to start still. I suppose Sarri wants to continue with Hazard up front, meaning RLC is the most realistic option on the right. Other than that I am expecting an unchanged team, even if Emerson should soon be rewarded with a PL start.

Kepa

Azpi Rudi Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

RLC Eden Willian

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Emerson, Cesc, Barkley, CHO, Giroud

it's a London derby against a championship side

its going to be a scrap and physical, unfortunately the selection above will not fancy it

better off putting the British players in who have gonads and can deal with the physical side. "in other words a plan B"

paulw66   
2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

it's a London derby against a championship side

its going to be a scrap and physical, unfortunately the selection above will not fancy it

better off putting the British players in who have gonads and can deal with the physical side. "in other words a plan B"

Are you still living in the 70s?

How about Drogba or Costa in their prime? 

Largely our British players aren't up to it, but sure let's play Drinkwater and Cahill

• Like 1

Rob B   

For me, the midfield of Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic doesn’t quite work for the games where we dominate the ball.

All brilliant players, but not sure it works as a trio and offers zero goal threat. Don’t know what the answer is though especially as RLC is likely to be needed in the front three for the next few games. 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

For me, the midfield of Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic doesn’t quite work for the games where we dominate the ball.

All brilliant players, but not sure it works as a trio and offers zero goal threat. Don’t know what the answer is though especially as RLC is likely to be needed in the front three for the next few games. 

I fear the problem is that Kante is not suited to a three man midfield and we need a real number 8 (or RLC/Barkley to dramatically up their game).

4 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

I fear the problem is that Kante is not suited to a three man midfield and we need a real number 8 (or RLC/Barkley to dramatically up their game).

Oh dear - time for a name change?

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Agreed. None of them likely to score. Restrictive, especially without a striker banging in the goals. 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Are you still living in the 70s?

How about Drogba or Costa in their prime? 

Largely our British players aren't up to it, but sure let's play Drinkwater and Cahill

sorry paulw66

you are right, let scrap the whole idea of having British players in the starting 11, and continue along the path of foreign imports.

Maybe you want to cast your mid back at the balance of British and foreign players when the club was at its peek? Alternatively you can take a look at the teams above us and their balance of British and Foreign?

The bottom line is having the right mixture. BTW it's just over 19 years to the day when was at the Dell to witness Vialli's 1st all foreign starting 11 

8 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

you are right, let scrap the whole idea of having British players in the starting 11, and continue along the path of foreign imports.

I'd be happy with that.  Lets stop this toadying to the FA about "making the England team great again".  

8 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

BTW it's just over 19 years to the day when was at the Dell to witness Vialli's 1st all foreign starting 11 

It is 32 years since Liverpool played the first non-English team.  Funny no one mentions that.