• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

37 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

12:00 kick off on a Sunday away to palace, a day after both Tottenham and Arsenal lost, completely and utterly dominated them, hit the post twice, had two goals wrongly ruled out for offside and actually won the game.

Some of you really, REALLY,  should not post during the game.

Change that to Most and you're right.

Wouldn't say it was a poor performance but not great either. Seems all of the bottom 14 are going to park the bus and our approach, whether it be sarri ball or not, struggles to break these teams down and we generally look toothless. I find it a bit arrogant (for somebody who has won nothing with Sarri ball) and lazy (for somebody paid millions to do so) not to have a Plan B or at least try something different. We've seen how that ends with previous managers and oppo teams have us well sussed by now.

There's not been much improvement in our play which suggests the players are unable or unwilling to play the system. New signings are therefore a must, we are two days away from Jan and it should be obvious to everyone at the club. If we don't make any signings to suit Sarris tactics in the next two windows then the board have to take all responsibility for a pointless hiring and a water of a season and millions of pounds.

Conte got a bit of stick on here the past few days, it's a shame his man management was so poor because he is currently being made to look like a tactical genius the way he changed things and devised a system in which Azpi, Alonso, Luiz, Matic, Kante, Moses all had the best seasons of their careers and lead us to the title. Compare their performances this season.

This post has turned into a bit of a mid season review rather than a reaction to this game, maybe I should/will post it elsewhere. Definitely room for improvement from the top down at the club by way of the board backing the manager by signing players to support his tactics and send a message to players who are not performing or not following instructions, also manager to earn his crust switching things up with a Plan B to suit the players we do have.

Just now, PeteRobbo said:

I thought Willian had some good moments.

That's my bugbear with him Pete , he has moments where he weaves a magical path through defenders and lashes an unstoppable shot goalwards  and two seconds later is scratching his head frowning as he wonders what on earth the white spherical thing is , who are these people and why are they shouting ?

17 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry but this is tripe.

1. The game isn't 15 minutes longer is it? Never has been

2. Why do you think they would have scored? Didn't have a shot all game

3. We scored 3 good goals

4. They have had 3 home clean sheets on the spin

5. London Derby

6. Palace don't walloped at home by anyone

7. Last two times we won the league, we won there 2-1 and 1-0. 

8. You don't get top 4 for performances, you get it for points

9. We lost there last year

10. Few players missing

If you expect us to pitch up there and win 4-0 you don't understand how the premier League works

Quite, 'nuff said

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That's my bugbear with him Pete , he has moments where he weaves a magical path through defenders and lashes an unstoppable shot goalwards  and two seconds later is scratching his head frowning as he wonders what on earth the white spherical thing is , who are these people and why are they shouting ?

Yep! Alas consistency 'aint his strong point for sure.

Hope Giroud’s injury isn’t too serious. Morata came on and played like he knew he was leaving. To be fair to him, he plays like that most of the time.

Not sure the Board are smart enough to have a contingency plan. Even if it involves recalls for our loaned out strikers. 

Sarri will be a worried man if a sulky Morata is his only option going into the new year. 

chelboy   
23 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I understand what you are saying and sure I want to see their GK worked more but overall we hit the post twice and Giroud was denied two great goals and if had been wearing the red of Liverpool would have stood. My only gripe was how we decided to sit back for the last 10 minutes and allow the chance for Palace to equalize.

Anyway two really good away wins at Watford and Palace, this is a good thing, yes??

Yes but other than the Giroud goals and Kante goal, what else did we create from open play? This is where I think we did not do enough with the ball. It felt like we had loads of possession but did not create much from open play. We have the best playmaker in the world and should be creating clear openings when we have sooo much possession. Maybe I am being harsh by saying it was a poor performance but passing the ball around a lot without creating a lot I see as playing poorly. There was games last season where we had  less of the possession and created more chances. Both away wins are great but performance wise I am not satisfied. I dont feel we work GK’s hard enough anymore. 

• Like 1

Ham   
5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Yes but other than the Giroud goals and Kante goal, what else did we create from open play?  

I feel like saying the aquaducts, the roads and irrigation.