• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm missing the bit where you say you believe that.  Which is kind of key isn't it given that managers joke about this kind of thing days before transfer deadlines all the time.

As per usual I'm missing the bit where you actually stick your own credibility to a viewpoint while deriding someone else's.

(of course he was ffing lieing - no one would claim he was telling the truth - least of all you.)

You've asked me before , I believe him . 

I believed him the last three times I told you I believed him too .

And I believe that Sarri is telling the truth too .

The board are doing the scouting the choosing the sculpting , at a well run club the manager would have final say .

"I am the coach" Antonio Conte .

Everything else is a flight of fancy on your part unless you have insider knowledge you would care to share with us ?

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You've asked me before , I believe him . 

I believed him the last three times I told you I believed him too .

Great - we can all laugh at you (and Zaffo).  Chelsea bought 5 players out of Italy for Conte, and Conte wasn't involved.  It is almost as hysterical an idea as...

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And I believe that Sarri is telling the truth too .

too much.  We bought Jorginho and no one else at all, and didn't ask Sarri his opinion.

And you believe that because Sarri said so.  
Imagine what the players would think if they thought the manager had no influence on buying and selling players.  Or does he tell them something else.

Ham   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Great - we can all laugh at you (and Zaffo).  Chelsea bought 5 players out of Italy for Conte, and Conte wasn't involved.  

I thought the point was that they weren't the 5 players he wanted. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I thought the point was that they weren't the 5 players he wanted. 

No that wasn't Mark's point.  Besides nobody gets what they want except Pep.    It isn't even a point.

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No that wasn't Mark's point.  Besides nobody gets what they want except Pep.    It isn't even a point.

It is the point , management by committee leads to a misshapen squad . You said that yourself .

Conte didn't want any of them he's on record as saying he wanted Bakayoko but to understudy Matic who then decided he wanted to follow Jose out of the club .

We don't have a camel when we needed a horse because of Conte but because of the board . 

Conte had many faults , buying the wrong players wasn't one of them .

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It is the point , management by committee leads to a misshapen squad . You said that yourself .

Conte didn't want any of them he's on record as saying he wanted Bakayoko but to understudy Matic who then decided he wanted to follow Jose out of the club .

We don't have a camel when we needed a horse because of Conte but because of the board . 

Conte had many faults , buying the wrong players wasn't one of them .

Comedy stuff worthy of Zaffo.  5 players out of Italy and Conte didn't want any of them.  It really is such a ridiculous position to take, I am surprised you haven't stopped posting for a week.

The modern world is based upon people saying stuff they don't actually mean.  Nobody is expected to treat it other than a joke or a way of getting out of a press conference without saying something more stupid.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Comedy stuff worthy of Zaffo.  5 players out of Italy and Conte didn't want any of them.  It really is such a ridiculous position to take, I am surprised you haven't stopped posting for a week.

The modern world is based upon people saying stuff they don't actually mean.  Nobody is expected to treat it other than a joke or a way of getting out of a press conference without saying something more stupid.

He didn't want them though , he didn't want Zappacosta he wanted Candreva , he didn't want Emerson he wanted Alex Sandro , he didn't want Alvaro Morata he wanted Romelu Lukaku . (Lukaku recently admitted as much and has subsequently terminated his contract with Raiola because it transpired he got him to United because they'd pay the agents fee that we wouldn't )

He didn't want Drinkwater who was a panic buy when Matic decided he "had his reasons" and he didn't want Ross Barkley who was still learning to walk and fitted the club's remit of cheap , English and low risk.

Imagine why , as the current manager of the Champions who'd on their way to the title had equalled the thirteen game straight wins record , he didn't want to sign for longer when the board had so obviously not rewarded him properly .

It's not difficult to see where the falling out was , particularly when he was renowned for not taking things lying down .

I'm no Conte apologist his last season was pathetic by professional standards but you're simply making your argument fit your theory and I reiterate you have no proof  whatsoever at all that you are correct . None.

• Like 2

Ham   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think it's the Y word again . 

I'm sorry to have to report that on 21 minutes in the Spurs game at Cardiff the entire away and sang "Y#d army". 

^^^ Looking forward to reading about it in the Daily Mail tomorrow, but prepared to be disappointed. Still, I'm sure the FA will sanction them.