• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Why are people still even debating this? Conte went to the board with a ridiculously unrealistic list of targets and quite rightly the board didn't bow down to him.

I'd imagine Sarri would have liked Hamsik and Koulibaly to go with Jorginho,  maybe Mertens too but it was never going to happen. I haven't seen him behave like a petulant child because of it.

I bet if you asked Guardiola who he wanted to sign in the summer he'd probably say Messi but he got Mahrez.

Conte not getting who he wanted is one of the weakest excuses that have been constantly made for him.

Yes good post.  I didn't mind Conte having the hump as all managers do.  He just had a season long sulk about it that made his position untenable and the club suffered as a result of it.

I remember posting at the time that Juve wanted £60 million for Sandro which was a ridiculous transfer fee.

I have enjoyed reading the message boards on papers this week after the club posted a healthy profit.  The haters in denial about it and banging on now about the loan to Fordstam.

19 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently not .

Not as first choice . 

Although I'm only going on the reported evidence as spoken by the player in question  and not the gut feel of some mysterious person on the internet .

And his sidekick.

Morata has said Conte didn't want him? Missed that and would gladly receive the 'reported evidence' (which is a funny expression, don't you think. First word doesn't fit that well with the second).

I wonder how many managers in world football get their 'first choice'. And can you even have a 'first choice' if you aren't involved in transfers?

The whole 'who buys the players' argument is incredibly tedious, not especially interested in it and don't have very strong views on the whole, but the idea that Conte did not want Morata here, even when you throw in mealy-mouth get-out clauses like 'first choice' requires a fairly wilful ignorance.

Edited by thevelourfog

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Morata has said Conte didn't want him? Missed that and would gladly receive the 'reported evidence' (which is a funny expression, don't you think. First word doesn't fit that well with the second).

I wonder how many managers in world football get their 'first choice'. And can you even have a 'first choice' if you aren't involved in transfers?

The whole 'who buys the players' argument is incredibly tedious, not especially interested in it and don't have very strong views on the whole, but the idea that Conte did not want Morata here, even when you throw in mealy-mouth get-out clauses like 'first choice' requires a fairly wilful ignorance.

No.

The quotes from Lukaku that he was all set for a return to Chelsea until his agent who he's since sacked, changed to United at the last minute for the agents fee we wouldn't pay. 

There were reports in the media that Morata had dyed his hair red ready for the United move too. 

Well done for sticking up for your mate though, like night follows day. 

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

No.

The quotes from Lukaku that he was all set for a return to Chelsea until his agent who he's since sacked, changed to United at the last minute for the agents fee we wouldn't pay. 

So you concede the point, there is no quote to support the idea that Conte did not want Morata.  Just that he wanted more.

BTW, on agents fees, Chelsea have always been prepared to pay big fees.  There might have been issues with Raiola, I can't recall a deal we have ever done with him, but there have never been issues with agents fees per se.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you concede the point, there is no quote to support the idea that Conte did not want Morata.  Just that he wanted more.

BTW, on agents fees, Chelsea have always been prepared to pay big fees.  There might have been issues with Raiola, I can't recall a deal we have ever done with him, but there have never been issues with agents fees per se.

No, for goodness sake! No. Not more of instead of. 

He wanted player A and got Player B or C. 

If you and I had a bargain that if I made you a bacon sandwich you'd do the washing up after five cold fried egg ones I  can't complain if you don't do the washing up can I? 

Bargains were broken. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

No, for goodness sake! No. Not more of instead of. 

He wanted player A and got Player B or C. 

If you and I had a bargain that if I made you a bacon sandwich you'd do the washing up after five cold fried egg ones I  can't complain if you don't do the washing up can I? 

Bargains were broken. 

You mean like the bargain where Conte took a massive pay rise in order to commit himself to his existing contract.  That kind of bargain.?
Or the one where club said OK we'll try to get Lukaku, but when Raiola demanded Payola, they failed.  Not really breaking a deal, is it.

And again, you still have nothing to show that Conte didn't want Morata, the player who used to be at Juventus.  

48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You mean like the bargain where Conte took a massive pay rise in order to commit himself to his existing contract.  That kind of bargain.?
Or the one where club said OK we'll try to get Lukaku, but when Raiola demanded Payola, they failed.  Not really breaking a deal, is it.

And again, you still have nothing to show that Conte didn't want Morata, the player who used to be at Juventus.  

It's not about not wanting Morata .

It's about not wanting , Emerson , Zappacosta , Drinkwater , Morata .

Every time he wanted someone they got him someone he didn't rate as highly .

Imagine the scene , Droy is promoted to head of sales at TVF industries , they set him a target which he then meets , during which time they don't just beat their target they destroy it breaking sales records thirteen weeks in a row .

The head of TVF industries then asks him what he'd like as a reward for doing so well and as a way to do even better next year .

Droy thinks great ! And he gives them a list .

Firstly a top of the range Maserati 

He's noticed Sharon from marketing is brilliant so he asks for her to be transferred to his department .

He also would rather like a nice big leather captains chair to swivel around on .

TVF industries get on it and get him 

A top off the range Maserati that's been written off but they've got their team of mechanics on it and it'll be as good as new in six months .........probably .

They couldn't get Sharon from accounts but they did manage to get her next door neighbour Julie , she even looks similar , all he needs to do is train her on the computer systems.

When he asks about his Captains chair he's given a deck chair with " manager" painted on it .

When he complains they paint Assistant above " manager "on his chair .

Sales plummet .

That's what happened .

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's not about not wanting Morata .

It's about not wanting , Emerson , Zappacosta , Drinkwater , Morata .

So you had evidence of Conte not wanting one guy from Juve, and now you don't.
Now  you want to prove that he didn't want 3 other guys instead.  2 of them also from Italy, while skipping Rudiger who perhaps he did want, and was from Italy too.

Do you have a quote about any of them?

Imagine the scene , Droy is promoted to head of sales at TVF industries

Oh dear - is there a gang of internet posters conspiring against you?  How awful for you.

Firstly a top of the range Maserati 

The guy really does think he is manager of RM.  Not getting first choice is just so obviously not a point, why keep repeating it.

Edited by Droy was my hero

15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you had evidence of Conte not wanting one guy from Juve, and now you don't.
So you want to prove that he didn't want 3other guys instead.  2 of them also from Italy, while skipping Rudiger who perhaps he did want, and was from Italy too.

Oh dear - is there a gang of internet posters conspiring against you?  How awful for you.

The guy really does think he is manager of RM.  Not getting first choice is just so obviously not a point, why keep repeating it.

Why do we keep going around in ever decreasing circles where you studiously and purposefully misunderstand what I'm claiming ? 

I never said Conte didn't want Morata , I said he was the second choice after the board refused to get him the player he did actually want .

All this insanity began because you said the squad had designed a camel by committee when they were trying to design a horse .

I agreed and said it didn't help when they buy who they want and not who the manager wants and you end up with players the manager doesn't trust even after they've learnt to walk again .

Then it's exploded into this (again, like it does every sodding time )

Read this but slowly an ingest it .

I do not agree with your unsubstantiated theory about why Conte took the money and refused the extension . I believe my explanation , given its actually backed up by quotations from various parties and not the gut feel of an iron curtain accountant is nearer the mark .

Now , happy birthday for yesterday , let's just drop it and stop boring the pants off everyone .

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Now , happy birthday for yesterday

Oh no it wasn't!!!
Never put your real dob on a social media site, even with a fake name.
(but it is soon - thanks & Happy New Year).