• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Essentially Mark, for about the umpteenth time, has talked himself into the absurd corner in order to maintain an argument with me. Failing to realise the method he was opposing was reductio ad absurdum.  It isn't about dwmh, it is about mk really.

No , I haven't , it's merely an opinion that differs from your opinion .

"reductio as absurdum " ?

Alright Harry Potter .

asinum osculer oro.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No he didn't.  He made a few silly quotes about not being involved in transfers when being pressured news days before the transfer deadlines.  These few quotes got repeated endlessly because the press, like most of us, were speculating about the relationship between Conte and Board.  The same repeated quotes appeared all season long.  They were never meant to be taken seriously.

Why do you think they were silly? Why do you think he would joke about such sensitive matters? Is he an idiot?

They weren't silly and they weren't a joke. Conte is a bright man and an experienced coach and quite used to dealing with the press. He wanted to make a point and he made it. They were words that came out of his mouth while he was  wearing his track suit together with a pissed off expression on his face. And quite frankly if he had said it once it would have been enough. I don't need to have a weird interpretation of what he was or wasn't getting at as its completely blindingly obvious.  

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Why do you think they were silly? Why do you think he would joke about such sensitive matters? Is he an idiot?

Silly in the sense of meaningless.  Like when you wife asks you what you got her for Christmas and to avoid answering you say you're not getting her anything.  Or worse, tell her your secretary or Mother arranges all that kind of thing.  You might have thought it was just a joke.  You might have thought no one would take it seriously, just a line to get out the door.  But it can come back to bite you on the bum.  We are all idiots like that.  Especially if you have a vindictive...  er    ... press.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Silly in the sense of meaningless.  Like when you wife asks you what you got her for Christmas and to avoid answering you say you're not getting her anything.  Or worse, tell her your secretary or Mother arranges all that kind of thing.  You might have thought it was just a joke.  You might have thought no one would take it seriously, just a line to get out the door.  But it can come back to bite you on the bum.  We are all idiots like that.  Especially if you have a vindictive...  er    ... press.

This is nothing to do with family Christmas presents. It's about a coach who is paid 10mill a year by Chelsea and if "for a laugh" he thought he thought he would tell an untruth to the media about such sensitive matters he is indeed an idiot ( and I don't believable he is) . The press have not put a  vindictive spin on this at all ....they reported it as I heard it. 

14 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

This is nothing to do with family Christmas presents. It's about a coach who is paid 10mill a year by Chelsea and if "for a laugh" he thought he thought he would tell an untruth to the media about such sensitive matters he is indeed an idiot ( and I don't believable he is) . The press have not put a  vindictive spin on this at all ....they reported it as I heard it. 

No - you heard it the same as everyone.  At the very end of a press conference he was trying to leave while being questioned about transfers that week.  You did not hear it in mid October or February, even though it was more often in print then than when he said it.