• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

 Also, Spurs were comfortable at half-time in today's game and were totally outplayed in the second.

Bit like us then my old mate !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

And four one down at half time , you should be watching. Liverpool are unfortunately the real deal for a change .

All of the front three have scored , I hope our front three were watching .

Yep. In fact Liverpool winning is better for us. It may be anathema to most on here, but realistically we are not in a race with Liverpool for the title, whereas we are fighting to finish in the top 4. Todays's results, (taking in the half-time score at Anfield), have gone very well for us so far. We now need to do our bit and win at Selhurst tomorrow.

Edited by PeteRobbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Bit like us then my old mate !

Yep, only more so from what I've read. Apparently Wolves were very much in the ascendency in the second half and Spurs had nothing.

I've seen a quote from a Spurs fan who said that it was all down to them having to play 3 games in 6 days. "It's always the same", he said. "We're always treated worse than anyone else when it comes to our fixtures", or words to that effect. Words that ring a bell on here yeh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yep. In fact Liverpool winning is better for us.

So the choice is City pip Liverpool to the title and we finish 5th against Liverpool walking it and us being 4th.

I know what I'd want. Come on you light blues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

So Salah is cleared to play in this game after being let off a blatant dive.

Frees him up to dive again for their 4th.  

Neither McManaman not Owen agreed with me 😂

Unbelievable Jeff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yep! Wolves play well against all of the "big teams". Spurs were saying before the match that Wolves would be no problem. "They'll just come and park the bus". They obviously didn't watch the game at Molineux between the 2 sides.

And the numties on this site who said that we should be beating teams like Wolves routinely were also not aware of their ability.

It depresses me the number of people who routinely dismiss other sides. I can't remember who it was, but recently someone posted that we should beat Palace because they are in essence a Championship side. As EVERY 'big club' has found to their cost at some stage every season, going back donkey's years... every team in the Prem, no matter how lowly, is capable of beating one of the big clubs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So the choice is City pip Liverpool to the title and we finish 5th against Liverpool walking it and us being 4th.

I know what I'd want. Come on you light blues.

They are playing each other next Thursday, city lose and Liverpool would he 10 points ahead of them. If we are not going to win it then City are the best of a bad bunch.

City to win it, us to finish 5th but win the EL for a place in CL next year ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

City to win it, us to finish 5th but win the EL for a place in CL next year ;-)

Is there a way we can relegate Spurs into an EL place by doing that?  That would make 5th almost perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

It depresses me the number of people who routinely dismiss other sides. I can't remember who it was, but recently someone posted that we should beat Palace because they are in essence a Championship side. As EVERY 'big club' has found to their cost at some stage every season, going back donkey's years... every team in the Prem, no matter how lowly, is capable of beating one of the big clubs.

 

Absolutely Bob. I read that post citing Palace as a championship side too. They've just won at the Etihad for goodness sake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

All of the front three have scored , I hope our front three were watching .

32 goals between them already, all 3 will probably end up on 15+

We will be lucky if anyone other than Hazard scores more than half that, pedro has a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.