• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is there a way we can relegate Spurs into an EL place by doing that?  That would make 5th almost perfect.

Unfortunately I don't think so anymore, unless Arsenal or United finished fourth. Spurs would probably be the most damaged though with new stadium costs and underpaid players potentially leaving.

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

So Salah is cleared to play in this game after being let off a blatant dive.

Frees him up to dive again for their 4th.  

Neither McManaman not Owen agreed with me 😂

Unbelievable Jeff.

Do yourself a favour , don't watch the second penalty , it'll hospitalise you .

Two penalties neither of which we're ever going to get .....

With the results yesterday, this game has just got a bit bigger for us - a win and we get a bit of a cushion between us and Arsenal and we can close the gap on Spurs to 2 points. A few weeks ago our top 4 hopes were written off on here, but if we can get the result today things will be looking a tad more positive. Big IF though, Palace will be so up for this and I've no idea what Chelsea will be turning up.

Liverpool do unfortunately look the real deal this season and if they beat City next week then unfortunately I think the title will be theirs to lose, in January. The Liverpool fans will be unbearable!

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

With the results yesterday, this game has just got a bit bigger for us - a win and we get a bit of a cushion between us and Arsenal and we can close the gap on Spurs to 2 points. A few weeks ago our top 4 hopes were written off on here, but if we can get the result today things will be looking a tad more positive. Big IF though, Palace will be so up for this and I've no idea what Chelsea will be turning up.

Liverpool do unfortunately look the real deal this season and if they beat City next week then unfortunately I think the title will be theirs to lose, in January. The Liverpool fans will be unbearable!

They are playing well the scousers but having said that I do not recall a team on such a run of officials decisions going their way.

34 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

They are playing well the scousers but having said that I do not recall a team on such a run of officials decisions going their way.

I would not count on that run nit lasting as it is the Scum and they have a chance of winning the league for the first time in yonks. I expect the decisions to keep going their way as the media is lapping it up the same way they did when Leicester won the league. That said, I do not think they are dead certs just yet, as they will:

1) Suffer burnout from the style of football they play at some point and

2) Get nervous, especially the fans.

Additionally, City will get beter once some of their injured players return - they've been absolutely hammered this year with injuries.

As for today's game, it is an important one for us, as win and we are two points off Spuds, five above Le Arse and maintain the 8 above Utd (who have a run of easy games coming up). That said, the team is: 

Kepa, Dave, Luiz, Rudi, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Willian, Giroud, Hazard

So, unless Hazard does something amazing I do not see any goals as Giroud is a statue, Willian has never had a cutting edge and the midfield is devoid of goals. The only other one that may score is Alonso but he has been out of form. 

Weird. Given that Pedro and Hudson-Odoi went off injured vs Watford, I had expected RLC to feature as a front 3 option in this game. He is not even on the bench, which leaves us zero options if Hazard or Willian get injured. 

4 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

2) Get nervous, especially the fans.

What difference will that make?

14 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Weird. Given that Pedro and Hudson-Odoi went off injured vs Watford, I had expected RLC to feature as a front 3 option in this game. He is not even on the bench, which leaves us zero options if Hazard or Willian get injured. 

Sky saying he's injured . 

14 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I read he pulled up in training before the Watford game which is why he wasn't in the squad then... I presume he hasn't recovered sufficiently

Interesting team news, highlighting the injuries we currently have in the squad - Fabregas, Pedro, RLC and CHO (coincidence some of these are currently those linked with transfers away from the club?), leaves us light in the attacking department and I think that's probably why Barkley is in for Kovacic as he offers more of a goal threat (although I feel he should have started regardless as I think he'll suit this game).

Nice to see Ampadu on the bench, if only it's because of injuries, but would love us to get in to a position where he can come on and show what he can do - I imagine he'd love a game like this, London derby vs a side who will try and kick us as much as possible, he would no doubt get stuck in!

I'll only get to see the first half unfortunately, so lets hope we're wrapped it up by then! Come on Chels!