• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

I read he pulled up in training before the Watford game which is why he wasn't in the squad then... I presume he hasn't recovered sufficiently

Yep, he's got a twinge in his back I believe - it was hoped he'd be fit for this one, but just isn't moving quite right so isn't risked. Real shame, as he'd have a great chance of a run of games at the moment as well.

Chelsea:

Kepa; Azpilicueta (c), Rudiger, David Luiz, Alonso; Kante, Jorginho, Barkley; Willian, Giroud, Hazard. 

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Emerson, Ampadu, Kovacic, Morata.

Crystal Palace:

Guaita, Wan-Bissaka, Tomkins, Sakho, Van Aanholt, McArthur, Kouayte, Milivojevic (c), Schlupp, Townsend, Zaha. 

Subs: Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Puncheon, Meyer, Ayew, Wickham.

Today's referee is Craig Pawson. 

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Interesting team news, highlighting the injuries we currently have in the squad - Fabregas, Pedro, RLC and CHO (coincidence some of these are currently those linked with transfers away from the club?), leaves us light in the attacking department

Probably in some cases, yes.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep, he's got a twinge in his back I believe - it was hoped he'd be fit for this one, but just isn't moving quite right so isn't risked. Real shame, as he'd have a great chance of a run of games at the moment as well.

Perhaps because he is ridiculously big for his type of style.
Do you think we tried the Barca/Messi trick of giving him Human growth hormones and it over shot??

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Do you think we tried the Barca/Messi trick of giving him Human growth hormones and it over shot??

Ha, over shot would be an understatement

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I believe he has a chronic back issue which needs to be managed, probably due to growing to fast when he was younger and needing to 'grow into his body' he discussed it in an interview last season at Palace. He said something along the lines of 'I may look big and strong but thos issue holds me back'. It is a bit of a worry, coincidence that it has cropped up after playing a few games in a row?