• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1

chelboy   
2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He needs a rest I think, he seems mentally fatigued to me at the moment. 

He has been poor for months now. Fatigue is not the excuse. Same with Willian. 

xCELERYx   
6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

He needs a rest I think, he seems mentally fatigued to me at the moment. 

Fatigue has little to do with it. Fullback just doesn't extract the best from him, this was always going to be a problem. He needs to play further forward with added protection in behind or not at all. 

6 minutes ago, chelboy said:

He has been poor for months now. Fatigue is not the excuse. Same with Willian. 

Alonso had 3rd most mins for an outfield player for us over last season and this one - behind Azpilicueta and Kante, who both have insane fitness levels. I'd say he needs a rest IMO.

2 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Fatigue has little to do with it. Fullback just doesn't extract the best from him, this was always going to be a problem. He needs to play further forward with added protection in behind or not at all. 

I'd agree he performed better as WB than FB, however I don't think that takes away from the fact that he could do with a rest as well.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Alonso had 3rd most mins for an outfield player for us over last season and this one - behind Azpilicueta and Kante, who both have insane fitness levels. I'd say he needs a rest IMO.

Would be interesting to see his distance covered too as he literally plays end to end, far more so than Azpi. He is clearly instructed to get forward whenever possible which will inevitable lead to space behind him, more of an issue with the tactics.

Jorginho scared to shoot, it's so frustrating. If he wasn't going to shoot, why try the cute pass through multiple players than lay it off to Barkley who had the space and position to have had a go. We're desperate for players who are happy to shoot when the opportunity is there.