• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Southampton 0

Ham   
4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well, that was ****.

Haven't seen a replay but Morata looked cleary onside from where I was sat.

Alonso just has to stay on his feet. It's one of those that you would be absolutely fuming if it was given against us so can't complain but have seen worse given recently.

Sarri needs to have a think about trying something a bit different in games like these, we need to be quicker and more direct. We also desperately need to bring a striker in.

He was onside.

Alonso was barged in the back from behind.  No attempt to get the ball.  Commentator says "Yes he pushes him off the ball but it's no penalty". 

Why don't the club stop being so pathetic and weak and start complaining publicly? 

Meanwhile Rashford goal looks offside. 

Edited by Ham

kev61   

It seems managers are more expendable than players(it's certainly worked in recent times)but who brings some of the utter pish to the club?.

chelboy   

Cesc came on and helped but honestly Jorginho has to start being questioned. Luiz and Rudiger are playing better passes than him. I do not buy into him as much  

1 minute ago, Ham said:

He was onside.

Alonso was barged in the back from behind.  No attempt to get the ball.  Commentator says "Yes he pushes him off the ball but it's no penalty". 

Looked soft to me but not seen a replay of that either. 

The whole team look tired...

come the end of Feb, thanks to Sarri picking the same 15 players we will fall away and be lucky if we finish 5 th

That wasn’t a penalty at the end in a million years, despite Liverpool getting softer ones recently. 

That was Alonso being stupid and diving ages after the contact when he would’ve been better playing the ******* ball. 

Rob B   

When you break it down though, is it any wonder we don’t create many chances, but keep loads of clean sheets when you consider the following:

We play with a midfield 3 but none are out and out “attacking” eg Isco, Erikson, De Bruyne, Silva etc. 

Our right-back is a defender first and foremost. Never breaks the defensive line and tends to play safety first - which is fine, in isolation, because he’s class defensively.

Our left-back does get forward but never behind their defence as he doesn’t have the pace to get back. If anything it can add to more congestion in the box at times.

Willian starts most of the games in the front 3, works hard but doesn’t score/create enough....

Which leaves just 4 outfield players remaining.  Two of those are centre-backs and one is Hazard who we rely on week in, week out. When he’s not at the races like tonight, we just don’t have anything else.

• Like 2

That was dire, wasn't it? I mean there was nothing good about it. No quality. Nothing. Soton were so shite we couldn't lose the game. But we were never going to win it and that was clear from the first ten minutes. We might as well have not bothered.

Two shite teams cancelling each other out. I feel cheated and I watched the match for nothing. 

Christ. That was bloody awful. I feel dirty inside.

Ham   
5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Looked soft to me but not seen a replay of that either. 

Did you see the Salah penalty? That's the point.