• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Southampton 0

Recommended Posts

paulw66   

I'd be tempted to mix it up a bit. We have played a lot of games recently.

Emerson and Christensen worth a start. In attack, it will be whoever is available, but in defence and midfield there are options.

With Forest in the cup on Saturday, resting one or two seniors for this would give them a clear week off before Spurs away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'd be tempted to mix it up a bit. We have played a lot of games recently.

Emerson and Christensen worth a start. In attack, it will be whoever is available, but in defence and midfield there are options.

With Forest in the cup on Saturday, resting one or two seniors for this would give them a clear week off before Spurs away. 

Doesn't that just mean we can go with the strongest available team for the PL game first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I'd be tempted to mix it up a bit. We have played a lot of games recently.

Emerson and Christensen worth a start. In attack, it will be whoever is available, but in defence and midfield there are options.

With Forest in the cup on Saturday, resting one or two seniors for this would give them a clear week off before Spurs away. 

The Spuds and Forest game is where we can mix it up, this game we need the strongest team. Of that only Emerson for Alonso is the change that has a chance in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Doesn't that just mean we can go with the strongest available team for the PL game first?

I'm not suggesting putting out a B team, but if you rested Alonso and Luiz for the next two games, they would get a proper break on the back of having played a lot of football in the last few weeks. If we weren't so foolish as to still be in the league cup, we would have two more free midweeks in January

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

The Spuds and Forest game is where we can mix it up, this game we need the strongest team. Of that only Emerson for Alonso is the change that has a chance in my opinion. 

He will pick a strong team for that one I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

I'm not suggesting putting out a B team, but if you rested Alonso and Luiz for the next two games, they would get a proper break on the back of having played a lot of football in the last few weeks. If we weren't so foolish as to still be in the league cup, we would have two more free midweeks in January

Don’t disagree with the concept, but personally I’d play Luiz against Charlie Austin. 

If anything I’d be happier to see AC against Forest and Spurs if need be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rob B said:

Don’t disagree with the concept, but personally I’d play Luiz against Charlie Austin. 

If anything I’d be happier to see AC against Forest and Spurs if need be 

If Cahill is still around, think we should give him the Spurs game. Christensen is a bit too much of a risk IMO.

We’ve got a lot of restructuring the squad to Sarri’s liking I reckon. For starters, he doesnt seem much convinced by a lot of players to introduce any sort of real rotation (Drinkwater, Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Emerson, Zappacosta, Christensen, Cahill, Moses). 

So either he really does have a very rigid mindset towards squad rotation, or he just flat out isn't satisfied with his options. A few of them he has been openly critical of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
On 12/31/2018 at 11:03 PM, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

If Cahill is still around, think we should give him the Spurs game. Christensen is a bit too much of a risk IMO.

 

 

How is AC more of a risk than Cahill?

Agaisnt Derby I thought Cahill was running backwards at one point. Great servant, but he is finished for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Emerson start in the front 3 with Hazard through the middle, I'm just not sure Sarri has any trust left in Morata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Emerson start in the front 3 with Hazard through the middle, I'm just not sure Sarri has any trust left in Morata.

And visa versa. Morata looked pretty disinterested on Sunday, although we are down to the bare bones in attack. 

I'll bring my boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.