• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Southampton 0

Just now, paulw66 said:

And visa versa. Morata looked pretty disinterested on Sunday, although we are down to the bare bones in attack. 

I'll bring my boots.

Incredibly unlucky that CHO and RLC both injured at the same time as Giroud and Pedro, so frustrating.

Sciatika   
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'll bring my boots.

Don't want to be rude, but I suspect Morata might be a better option. (NB I said "might").

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Incredibly unlucky that CHO and RLC both injured at the same time as Giroud and Pedro, so frustrating.

Yes, particularly for them

8 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Don't want to be rude, but I suspect Morata might be a better option. (NB I said "might").

He is probably a bit more mobile. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

How is AC more of a risk than Cahill?

Agaisnt Derby I thought Cahill was running backwards at one point. Great servant, but he is finished for us. 

Cahill is more experienced and usually has pretty good games against Tottenham. Personally, I am yet to see Christensen have an error-free 90 minutes for us. He seems to have very poor body language as well and it is interesting to see if he has any real hope of displacing either Rudiger or Luiz from the starting 11 - two players who at the very least seem very vocal and commanding. 

Players over 30 can still play valuable roles in crunch games. There is no reason that Cahill's experience in the toughest situations (and quite a few outstanding performances throughout his Chelsea career I might add) couldn't be properly utilized this year. Fergie kept Giggs around long after he was rubbish and started him in some really crucial games just as an example. Also, if anyone follows NBA on here, look at the impact an almost retired Tyson Chandler had on a very young but talented Lakers core since he came in a couple months ago. Drogba had a crucial role under Mourinho as well when we won the league.

Ham   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

He is probably a bit more mobile. 

Do you understand the offside rule? If so it might be a close run thing. Bring your boots. 

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Do you understand the offside rule? If so it might be a close run thing. Bring your boots. 

Does anybody these days? 

I thought I did until I saw the Giroud disallowed goals on Sunday and compared them to the ones Liverpool are allowed to score.

I think the new offside rules, introduced recently are something like this:

- If you wear a red shirt and play in the north west and play for a side that Henry Winter calls "the people's champion" then anything goes, so long as you are not 5+ yards offside. 

- If you play in Blue in South West London, please be sure to be at least 3 yards onside to stand any hope. This is the anti Russian, dirty money law. 

As for penalties:

- If you wear a red shirt and play in the north west and play for a side that Henry Winter calls "the people's champion", if someone with bad breath so much as breathes on you , please collapse like the Greek economy and we'll award as many penalties as you need

- If you play in Blue in South West London, a penalty will be awarded subject to an assault that you might see in mixed martial arts, nothing less. 

Edited by paulw66

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Does anybody these days? 

I thought I did until I saw the Giroud disallowed goals on Sunday and compared them to the ones Liverpool are allowed to score.

I think the new offside rules, introduced recently are something like this:

- If you wear a red shirt and play in the north west and play for a side that Henry Winter calls "the people's champion" then anything goes, so long as you are not 5+ yards offside. 

- If you play in Blue in South West London, please be sure to be at least 3 yards onside to stand any hope. This is the anti Russian, dirty money law. 

As for penalties:

- If you wear a red shirt and play in the north west and play for a side that Henry Winter calls "the people's champion", if someone with bad breath so much as breathes on you , please collapse like the Greek economy and we'll award as many penalties as you need

- If you play in Blue in South West London, a penalty will be awarded subject to an assault that you might see in mixed martial arts, nothing less. 

Don't forget if you play in red you will also receive the Dermot Gallagher "correct call" vindication a couple of days after the match.

asvaberg   

Kepa

Azpi - Luiz - Rüdiger - Alonso

Kantè - Jorginho - Barkley

Willian -Morata - Hazard

35 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Kepa

Azpi - Luiz - Rüdiger - Alonso

Kantè - Jorginho - Barkley

Willian -Morata - Hazard

Only RL-C and Cesc as 'attacking' options on the bench :-(  Those injuries are stretching us awfully thinly.