• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 3rd Round match against Nottingham Forest at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 Saturday, 5th January, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

asvaberg   

The match should be a test for a whole new attacking formation.

3 -2 -2 -3

Willy

Rüdiger-Christensen-Azpi

Kante         -      Jorginho

Luiz   - Fabregas

Moses - RLC - Hazard

A bit ridiculous but way better than last evening :)

Just a few days ago couldn't believe we'd be daft enough to let Fabregas go mid-season, but hadn't seen some of his and Sarri's quotes and his 'see you at the Bridge' Facebook post yesterday reads to me as a goodbye. His last game for us?

We should be changing up a fair bit for this game, but with injuries and a few players possibly negotiating deals to leave and so maybe off-limits, I'm not sure we have the players to do it. 

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Just a few days ago couldn't believe we'd be daft enough to let Fabregas go mid-season, but hadn't seen some of his and Sarri's quotes and his 'see you at the Bridge' Facebook post yesterday reads to me as a goodbye. His last game for us?

We should be changing up a fair bit for this game, but with injuries and a few players possibly negotiating deals to leave and so maybe off-limits, I'm not sure we have the players to do it. 

Creator of all the best chances at Southampton.  The only thing crazier than us not keeping him, is any club that can get him not taking him.

Henry knows what it is like to run up front with Fabregas behind.  He'd do amazing stuff at Marseilles in the noddy league.
I guess against Forest we can expect a cameo much like Ivanovic's incredible final 30 mins as a proper WB.
If so at least I can say I was there for once.

Edited by Droy was my hero

I read that Monaco are willing to give home a 5 year contract, if true we can't really compete with that and it is probably a mixture of showing respect to a good servant who hasn't been first choice for a couple of seasons and getting a €10m fee. Nod sure if the 'see you at the bridge' is a farewell message or an I'm not going anywhere message. Apparently won't go until we sign a replacement.

On this game - due to injuries we don't really have much scope for rotation at the top end of the team for the next couple of weeks. Makes the decision to stay in the Haribo Cup all the more silly. Cahill also deserves a goodbye so I would go for the Europa League back 4, although I do wonder if we will see Emerson played further up the pitch. Would like to see Ampadu start in midfield. Expect to see Barkley, RLC, Morata and probably Hazard start due to no other fit players. CHO is training again but I doubt he is fit enough to start. Wonder if we will see Drinkwater play some part in order to rest a few, could he possibly even be our Cesc replacement in the squad if he goes and we don't sign anyone.

Caballero

Zappacosta Cahill Christensen Palmieri 

Barkley Ampadu Fabregas

RLC Morata CHO

Subs: Cumming, Azpilicueta, Kovacic, McEachran, Castillo, Willian, C. Brown

• Like 1

Rob B   

I think I’d play:

Willy,

Zappa.   Cahill.   Christensen.   Emerson

RLC.    Ampadu.  Fabregas 

Moses.    Morata.  Hudson-Odoi 

Possibly squeeze Drinkwater into midfield and push RLC further forward if DD isn’t on his way out of the door

paulw66   
42 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I think I’d play:

Willy,

Zappa.   Cahill.   Christensen.   Emerson

RLC.    Ampadu.  Fabregas 

Moses.    Morata.  Hudson-Odoi 

Possibly squeeze Drinkwater into midfield and push RLC further forward if DD isn’t on his way out of the door

In that team, you have Cahill, Fabregas and Moses as players likely to leave in January, so will they be risked and or cup tied? 

Jasonb   

It will be interesting to see who plays as the rumour mill has started and both Fabregas and Cahill are being mentioned with moves in mind.

You would expect Zappacosta and Palmieri to figure yet whether Sarri agrees is another question entirely.

We need to rest as many as possible in this game and I really hope Sarri does. I'd go with:

Caballero

Zappacosta Cahill Christensen Emerson

Drinkwater Ampadu Fabregas

Moses RLC CHO

Get CHO and RLC back to match fitness and we may as well see what RLC is like as a striker.

I expect we'll see:

Caballero

Zappacosta Cahill Christensen Emerson

Barkley Fabregas Kovacic

CHO Morata RLC