• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

Kezza   
3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Unlike Courtois, Callum hasn't (publicly) made any 'threats'  All we know is that he hasn't yet signed a new contract and that various big foreign clubs are sniffing around

So what's he waiting for? He's only 18. Why the rush to go somewhere else?

Kezza   
3 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Whatever Morata is or isn't, the idea that Higuan would offer us more, in this team, is pants, in my opinion. I don't want to use the word fat as it may be derogatory. But if a player can't cope with the pace of the Italian football, what chance has he in the PL? Haven't we wanted enough money on bad players past 2 seasons? 

Pretty hypocritical of the club too to sign Higuain and then let Fabregas go because he's past 30.

kev61   
Just now, kev61 said:

What the hell is wrong with this computer I'm not even drunk!

Blue Rod   
1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Sarriball doesn't like crosses I'm afraid. It's always attacking through the middle of wingers cutting inside. You telling me that the likes of Hazard, Willian and Pedro can't cross or are they instructed to play into the middle?

Willian struggles to complete a 10 yard final ball. It's not just me observing that. Pedro is a little bit better, but he likes to run inside rather than wide. Hazard prefers to beat his man. These are all good players in their own right, but the art of crossing is not given to every player, not even the most talented. You can have everything and still can't cross a ball, believe me, 

BT have the lead singer of Showaddywaddy on as the expert summariser in the Arsenal game .

My mistake it's Tony Adams dressed as a member of Showaddywaddy.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Unlike Courtois, Callum hasn't (publicly) made any 'threats'  All we know is that he hasn't yet signed a new contract and that various big foreign clubs are sniffing around

Zola was quite detailed about having discussions with CHO regarding playing time so I think it is an issue for him. Given we have been trying to get him to sign for over a year, at which time he would have just turned 17, it does suggest he is quite impatient. Absolutely have to keep him for the rest of the season, I'm sure he will get more minutes he now has 1 goal and 3 assists in 3 starts which surely even Sarri will have to take notice of. Also at the end of the season we should know 100% if Eden is staying or going, which if its going could well convince him he will get more of a chance and sign up.

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

So what's he waiting for? He's only 18. Why the rush to go somewhere else?

Other than newspapers/know-all pundits who know nothing, who says he is in a rush to move? You know the old saying, 2+2=5

All you hear/read is that he wants to leave, but he's not said that publicly, nor even dropped hints via family/agents. It's just the press blowing a simple story out of all proportion.

On BT Sport today it was Jermaine Jenas saying "Why would Chelsea be happy to sell him to Bayern?"/"If Chelsea won't play him, then he should move to Bayern" based on NOTHING but a few claims that Bayern had bids rejected.

chelboy   
Just now, Kezza said:

Pretty hypocritical of the club too to sign Higuain and then let Fabregas go because he's past 30.

I do not think the club want Cesc to go. They offered him a deal. For me Cesc leaving is more down to Sarri. Cesc said he wanted to play more and preferred playing further forward. Sarri could not offer him either. Barkley has more mins than Cesc this season in the PL which is a joke in itself. I am not saying he should play every game but he should have far more mins than he does. We also signed Giroud last season who was over 30 at the time. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Willian struggles to complete a 10 yard final ball. It's not just me observing that. Pedro is a little bit better, but he likes to run inside rather than wide. Hazard prefers to beat his man. These are all good players in their own right, but the art of crossing is not given to every player, not even the most talented. You can have everything and still can't cross a ball, believe me, 

He actually plays similar to Willian, the difference being when they do that standing on one leg waving their foot in the air over the ball thing CHO can actually go past his man almost every time and he can cross it after. Those abilities are exactly what we've been missing up against packed defences recently.