• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

kratos   

Just watched the highlights.

Two great crosses from Cho.

We really need to do more of this if we are going to get anything out of Morata.

He clearly cannot play this to feet stuff that we are meant "sarri-ball".

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Based on his performance up until that point I'm pretty certain Pete. 

But you don't and you can't know it. You've just decided to believe it.

24 minutes ago, kratos said:

Just watched the highlights.

Two great crosses from Cho.

We really need to do more of this if we are going to get anything out of Morata.

He clearly cannot play this to feet stuff that we are meant "sarri-ball".

Attacking wise so much better today than any Sarriball. I said st half time, the two full backs pushed on gave us so many more options. CHO brilliant, hugging the touch line and strestching the game. Went today and really enjoyed our performance.

Gonna miss having Fabregas around the squad a lot. 

Have to say, I originally disliked him due to the Arsenal and Barcelona history and the Lampard rivalry, but I grew to really appreciate him under Jose. An exceptionally gifted footballer to say the least. 

And now we’re going to lose him when I think its clear to most people that he still has a lot to offer to us. Clearly Cesc feels the same way about himself as well and I dont blame him one bit.

I hope the club knows what its doing. I hope Sarri knows what he is doing because it doesn’t look that way currently. I dont know why Cesc couldn’t at least feature more regularly under Sarri. Maybe it was as simple as that. Maybe that was all he needed to give us until the end of the season at least.

I think thats the bloody shame of it, and at least Conte had the humility (yes I just used Conte’s name and the word humility in the same sentence) to change his view at about mid-season in his first year.

Gary Cahill is in the same position but at least he has two players in front of him who are performing reasonably well. It just doesn’t feel like that with Cesc and that’s the painful part.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

kev61   

I think a lot of us are thinking will Sarri play CHO as a first team starter? if he doesn't he should be shown the door - but there can be variables that he is not responsible for,it's like an Agatha Christie whodunit  - who buys the shite that we have payed way over the odds for?  who is responsible for not giving youth a chance? who is responsible for not experimenting with the players we have?(that's easy the current manager).

GURJ SS   
23 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I think a lot of us are thinking will Sarri play CHO as a first team starter? if he doesn't he should be shown the door - but there can be variables that he is not responsible for,it's like an Agatha Christie whodunit  - who buys the shite that we have payed way over the odds for?  who is responsible for not giving youth a chance? who is responsible for not experimenting with the players we have?(that's easy the current manager).

I think for fans it all depends on if we win something or not. At the moment Sarri hasn't given us enough to take his side over not giving CHO (or any other player we like) a chance, if Jose hadn't won anything I think it'd now be classed as a criminal offence for letting KDB, Salah, Lukaku and Mata go.

Edit: I'd still class it as a criminal offence but most fans I talk to seem to think it's fine for letting them go - even though we would be dominating the league with those players.

Edited by GURJ SS

Ham   

I don't think any of its have felt seriously upset at the chant but someone has made a complaint purely because we need to play the complaint game like it's being played against us. 

The comments are hilarious. Spurs fans saying "How is this homophobic?"

https://mol.I'm/a/6561131

Screenshot_20190106-004631_Daily Mail Online.jpg

2 hours ago, Ham said:

The penalty we were given was the most blatant foul and meant that the ref was forced into giving it against his will. 

Certainly the MOTD pov looks very different for the RLC penalty than the one I had from the far end of West Upper.  Yes a clear penalty and not Morata.  So RLC did achieve something while he was on the pitch then.

15 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Edit: I'd still class it as a criminal offence but most fans I talk to seem to think it's fine for letting them go - even though we would be dominating the league with those players.

No, we'd just have sold Hazard and Willian instead and have never bought Costa.  We bought far too much talent for one club then, some of it had to be let go.  
And we might well have kept Schurrle and Zouma and two or three others and not got the likes of Kante and Rudiger.
Some in some out is the way it goes.

xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

I think for fans it all depends on if we win something or not. At the moment Sarri hasn't given us enough to take his side over not giving CHO (or any other player we like) a chance, if Jose hadn't won anything I think it'd now be classed as a criminal offence for letting KDB, Salah, Lukaku and Mata go.

I think winning something is neither here nor there for us at this point in time. In fact, winning something may actually hurt us longer term because the board could view the squad as being good enough when in reality it's merely papered cover cracks yet again.

Unless we have senior players who are performing to their abilities, their spot in the side should be up for grabs. With some of the younger lads in these positions given a chance. They're ultimately the ones who could well be our future if handled correctly, and we've certainly got a couple who show first team talent. 

xCELERYx   

As for the game. Thought we played well, played a lot more direct with Fabregas in midfield willing and able to make forward passes to create. CHO out wide kept his width and put in a number of quality crosses, thought he was excellent and once more showcased his ability. He really added something that we just don't get from Willian and to a lesser extent Pedro often enough. While having two fullbacks who can take the ball forward, overlap, shoot and beat a man, added another string to our play. 

Shout out to Amapdu in midfield as well. Kid plays beyond his years with his maturity and leadership. Honestly fast becoming one of my favourite players every time I see him. He needs a bigger role going into the second half of the season. 

And of course, hugely sad to see Fabregas likely to have played his last game for us. Been an excellent player and professional since his arrival. He's been massively underused by Sarri this term and it's ultimately cost us with his impending departure. Can't begrudge him simply wanting to play, and rightly so, he's still good enough to make an impact. Maybe not for 90 minutes week in, week out. But certainly more than he's been allowed to display. Wish him nothing but the best and I'm sure the squad will miss his leadership qualities moving forward.