• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

kev61   
11 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Incredibly harsh. 

Fabregas has been a high quality servant for us and one of the few lights in this team for the last few seasons together with Hazard. 

That he has played so little and is allowed to leave is disgraceful. A player like him can create a goal out of nothing. This version of Chelsea has screamed out for such a player all season. For me the best starting XI we could have used this season would have been to swap Kovacic for Fabregas. 

What does Fabregas do exactly? - you say he can "create a goal out of nothing"....agreed but he does it rarely and therefore has very little influence in a game(Lampard could do what you say and score goals).In all honesty I would have shipped Fabregas off at least a year ago.

29 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It's fascinating how we see things  totally  differently.I mean I don't see anything remotely funny about Ricky Gervais but apparently he is a real hoot with most people.

I'm with you on that.

Ham   
21 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm with you on that.

The Office and Extras are both as good as it gets TV wise IMO 😊

kev61   
26 minutes ago, Ham said:

The Office and Extras are both as good as it gets TV wise IMO 😊

How would you compare Billy Connelly and Peter Kay to Ricky?

JaneB   
On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, asvaberg said:

Thank you, Fabregas. Excellent player. And a very nice man from what I have seen from interviews.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, Lump Of Celery said:

Adios Cesc. Great player and the consummate professional, never moaned when not picked, I'm sure his experience will be missed in the dressing room.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, chelboy said:

I do not think the club want Cesc to go. They offered him a deal. For me Cesc leaving is more down to Sarri.  Cesc said he wanted to play more and preferred playing further forward. Sarri could not offer him either. Barkley has more mins than Cesc this season in the PL which is a joke in itself. I am not saying he should play every game but he should have far more mins than he does. We also signed Giroud last season who was over 30 at the time. 

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 6:05 PM, East Lower said:

Firstly I was pleased to have been wrong about an upset. 

Cesc could take a 50% pay cut and bottom line, be no worse off if he ends up at Monaco. 

I only saw the last 30 minutes of the second half and it looked a pedestrian affair. Morata straight down the tunnel when he went off and Fabregas close to/or in tears.

Odd really, the one who clearly wants to stay, has to go and the other one doesn't seem to care too much either way.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, Droy was my hero said:

'Really it was all about Cesc.  Not an great game by him, but one hell of a Chelsea career.
I can't think of a player so disgracefully treated by so many managers - he should have started every top level game in the past 4 and a half years.  Matic, Bakayoko, Kovacic, its a joke.
He'll be phenomenal in the Noddy league for Marseilles.  MY guess in 15 assists before end of season.

(BTW isn't the zero tax rate for players there history now?)

I do hope Fabregas gets a banner - he and Hazard are the ones to deserve the honour most right now.

22 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Gonna miss having Fabregas around the squad a lot. 

Have to say, I originally disliked him due to the Arsenal and Barcelona history and the Lampard rivalry, but I grew to really appreciate him under Jose. An exceptionally gifted footballer to say the least. 

And now we’re going to lose him when I think its clear to most people that he still has a lot to offer to us. Clearly Cesc feels the same way about himself as well and I dont blame him one bit.

I hope the club knows what its doing. I hope Sarri knows what he is doing because it doesn’t look that way currently. I dont know why Cesc couldn’t at least feature more regularly under Sarri. Maybe it was as simple as that. Maybe that was all he needed to give us until the end of the season at least.

I think thats the bloody shame of it, and at least Conte had the humility (yes I just used Conte’s name and the word humility in the same sentence) to change his view at about mid-season in his first year.

Gary Cahill is in the same position but at least he has two players in front of him who are performing reasonably well. It just doesn’t feel like that with Cesc and that’s the painful part.

16 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

And of course, hugely sad to see Fabregas likely to have played his last game for us. Been an excellent player and professional since his arrival. He's been massively underused by Sarri this term and it's ultimately cost us with his impending departure. Can't begrudge him simply wanting to play, and rightly so, he's still good enough to make an impact. Maybe not for 90 minutes week in, week out. But certainly more than he's been allowed to display. Wish him nothing but the best and I'm sure the squad will miss his leadership qualities moving forward. 

12 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Incredibly harsh. 

Fabregas has been a high quality servant for us and one of the few lights in this team for the last few seasons together with Hazard. 

That he has played so little and is allowed to leave is disgraceful. A player like him can create a goal out of nothing. This version of Chelsea has screamed out for such a player all season. For me the best starting XI we could have used this season would have been to swap Kovacic for Fabregas. 

All of the above and much MUCH more.  I know Kev and some others don't agree but I'm truly gutted.  Cesc didn't want to leave, his family are settled in London, but Sarri, having said how important Cesc was to him, then proceeded to prove the exact opposite.   He wants to play a different way which doesn't suit Cesc and as it's proving really successful (not) he has to go. 

Obviously he was passed his peak blah blah blah but I'm proud he played for us.  I never felt he wanted to be back at Arsenal and actually felt he cared about playing for Chelsea.  And I don't get that feeling with most of our players sadly.  He looked genuinely upset yesterday.

Top pro, intelligent and articulate with vast experience and a truly gifted player.  A real gem let go too early.  Never mind, we'll get some mediocre nobody in who promises much and delivers nothing, but it doesn't matter, as long as he's under 30.

:-(((((( 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JaneB   
17 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Jane B is back in the building!.Happy New year Jane and welcome back.

Aww thanks Kev :-)  And a Happy New Year to you and Mrs. Kev.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

It's fascinating how we see things  totally  differently.I mean I don't see anything remotely funny about Ricky Gervais but apparently he is a real hoot with most people.

That's 2 of us Kev.

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'm with you on that.

33 minutes ago, kev61 said:

How would you compare Billy Connelly and Peter Kay to Ricky?

Comedy is very subjective isn't it.  I find Peter Kay hilarious, Ricky Gervais maybe not so much, but he did do a series called Derek which made me giggle a lot although I felt it shouldn't have done.

kev61   
6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

That's 2 of us Kev.

We're on a roll here pete.My wife likes Michael mcintyre in The big show - I like him in small doses but I retire to my man cave on  Saturday night to preserve my sanity.