• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

kev61   
20 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Comedy is very subjective isn't it.  I find Peter Kay hilarious, Ricky Gervais maybe not so much, but he did do a series called Derek which made me giggle a lot although I felt it shouldn't have done.

you like Ricky Jane in certain circumstances own it and don't apologise for it - I just don't get him like I don't get Fabregas at all.

Sciatika   
9 hours ago, kev61 said:

It's fascinating how we see things  totally  differently.I mean I don't see anything remotely funny about Ricky Gervais but apparently he is a real hoot with most people.

Me too. I find Alan Carr a bit of a bore. One joke (which was not all that funny to start with) repeated ad nauseam.

JaneB   
10 hours ago, kev61 said:

you like Ricky Jane in certain circumstances own it and don't apologise for it - I just don't get him like I don't get Fabregas at all.

I am owning it Kev. I'm talking about the actual part he played in Derek which some thought exploitative.

12 hours ago, Ham said:

The Office and Extras are both as good as it gets TV wise IMO 😊

Nowhere near Seinfeld surely old chap? 

11 hours ago, JaneB said:

I never felt he wanted to be back at Arsenal and actually felt he cared about playing for Chelsea.  And I don't get that feeling with most of our players sadly.  He looked genuinely upset yesterday.

Yep, absolutely! He wore the shirt in spades IMO, even when he wasn't having a good game it was quite clear that he was 100% for the cause.

• Like 1

xCELERYx   
25 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

This is the correct answer. 

13 hours ago, JaneB said:

Top pro, intelligent and articulate with vast experience and a truly gifted player.  A real gem let go too early.  Never mind, we'll get some mediocre nobody in who promises much and delivers nothing, but it doesn't matter, as long as he's under 30.

Well said, Jane, and I can only agree with you. A champion footballer who elevated Chelsea with his class and performance, and who will be sorely missed.. 

Ham   
5 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

For its time Seinfeld was just perfect and it remains superb. I also loved King of Queens.  

The Office and Extras are on another level though I think. 

Ham   

Whilst we're on the subject of comedy, Poch today said that his players need to start being more physical and less nice.

giphy (22).gif

47 minutes ago, Ham said:

For its time Seinfeld was just perfect and it remains superb. I also loved King of Queens.  

The Office and Extras are on another level though I think. 

Well not even close for me. The Office simply wasn't funny at all to me and Gervais was nauseatingly ingratiating when he featured in a programme with Larry David. He seemed to be hell-bent on persuading the viewer that he, (Gervais), was absolutely on a par with David - nonsense.

Anyway, neither play for Chelsea.