• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 0

Jasonb   

What's the thinking on CHO leaving or staying?

For me his crosses that we saw on the right are something we have been missing and were the difference.

Just now, Jasonb said:

What's the thinking on CHO leaving or staying?

For me his crosses that we saw on the right are something we have been missing and were the difference.

He must be kept for me Jason, as well as RLC and Ampadu.

Ham   
2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well not even close for me. The Office simply wasn't funny at all to me and Gervais was nauseatingly ingratiating when he featured in a programme with Larry David. He seemed to be hell-bent on persuading the viewer that he, (Gervais), was absolutely on a par with David - nonsense.

Anyway, neither play for Chelsea.

Horses for courses.

Larry David is a huge fan of Gervais and vice versa. 

Blue Rod   
On 06/01/2019 at 3:35 PM, Rob B said:

You disagree that Fabregas would contribute much more to our attacking game over Kovacic then?

I like Kova by the way, but it can’t have gone unnoticed that we are struggling to break teams down at the moment 

To be honest, I thought that signing Fabregas was a backward step for us especially as we let go the likes of KDB and Salah. I still feel like that even now.  However, Fabregas grew on me in what he does,  even though there is quite a bit that he doesn't do. He also seems a cool head to have around the team,  a bit like Michael Ballack.

On the purely footballing side,  if you ask me to choose between Fabregas and Jorginho, even today,  I would choose the Spaniard. This is probably a reflection of how indifferent I feel about Jorginho's performance. 

As already said it was touching to see him genuinely upset as he was leaving the pitch. He deserves the support he got from the fans. There is more to a top player than raw football skills. 

JaneB   
45 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

There is more to a top player than raw football skills. 

Spot on 👍🏻

I don't know why the club has to be so rigid in its 30 + rule.  Treat each player individually and look at everything they have to offer.

Ham   
40 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Spot on 👍🏻

I don't know why the club has to be so rigid in its 30 + rule.  Treat each player individually and look at everything they have to offer.

Sarri said the same today apparently. 

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Spot on 👍🏻

It's the clubs way of protecting themselves from being caught with their pants down and having unmovable assets on longer term deals. It also helps keep older heads motivated and puts more emphasis on them maintaining their performance levels to earn new contracts. 

It shouldn't be a hard and fast rule, but one applied on a case by case basis. Some players still perform at their peak until 32/33, others rapidly fall off once they hit 30. 

10 hours ago, JaneB said:

Spot on 👍🏻

1.  It isn't rigid.  There are counter examples and a lot of examples where 29 year olds have been given long deals.

2.  It suits the players as much as the club.  A 1 year deal means you get full pay.  A 2 year deal means you get much less because of the chances that your form will drop off the 2nd year.  If a player really does expect to play regularly for the next 4 years, then single year deals will bring him more money.  Plus you can move on for free if some youngster arrives and starts outperforming you.

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

To be honest, I thought that signing Fabregas was a backward step for us especially as we let go the likes of KDB and Salah. I still feel like that even now.  

1. How was it backwards step when we won 2 titles with him? He got 20 assists in the 2014/15. Phenomenal. 

2. KdB and Salah (in particualr) don't play in his positio. KdB left Chlesea 6 months before Cesc joined, so I fail to see any correlation between them leaving and him joining. 

• Like 1