• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Recommended Posts

paulw66   

Simon Jones from the Standard saying this won't impact the club's intent to get Hazard and CHO to sign new deals. We shall see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir   

Haven’t seen him play much, but a talent that’s for sure. Just goes to show how ridiculous the market is when we pay just under 60 million? for someone who’s contract expires at the end of the season... I wonder if the loan of Bats helped in the negotiation as well.

Fantastic step in the right direction, though, it really is. Obviously, again, not sure what this will mean for Hazard but I imagine only the very few know this answer. 

By the sounds of it Pulisic has huge potential, and he will be massive as well for marketing etc being the poster boy of US football and with the Chelsea brand out there. 

Many have highlighted some injury concerns/not making the Dortmund team because of other talents? Perhaps some on here can opine more on that. Did he lose his place to others because of injury or?

Anyway, sounds like a fantastic signing for the future of the club and someone with huge potential on and off the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good signing strange that we loaned him straight back and the price is a little on the high side he’s only got 18 months left  on his contract and he’s not in there side at the minute still hoping we sign a couple of players for now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
14 minutes ago, Sir said:

Haven’t seen him play much, but a talent that’s for sure. Just goes to show how ridiculous the market is when we pay just under 60 million? for someone who’s contract expires at the end of the season... I wonder if the loan of Bats helped in the negotiation as well.

Fantastic step in the right direction, though, it really is. Obviously, again, not sure what this will mean for Hazard but I imagine only the very few know this answer. 

By the sounds of it Pulisic has huge potential, and he will be massive as well for marketing etc being the poster boy of US football and with the Chelsea brand out there. 

Many have highlighted some injury concerns/not making the Dortmund team because of other talents? Perhaps some on here can opine more on that. Did he lose his place to others because of injury or?

Anyway, sounds like a fantastic signing for the future of the club and someone with huge potential on and off the pitch.

You mean end of next season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Good signing strange that we loaned him straight back and the price is a little on the high side he’s only got 18 months left  on his contract and he’s not in there side at the minute still hoping we sign a couple of players for now 

Is his not being in the side anything to do with their concerns about his running down an existing contract and leaving cheaply?
If so that issue is over, and they can pick him knowing that they have at least got a full price.

To be honest, I think he is best playing in Germany for another 6 months.  For the same reasons Tammy is best playing against similar level teams in the Championship for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Good signing strange that we loaned him straight back and the price is a little on the high side he’s only got 18 months left  on his contract and he’s not in there side at the minute still hoping we sign a couple of players for now 

I presume that was a deal breaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SKY banner headline : Pusilic to remain at Dortmund until summer .

Maybe if they don't mention it they can pretend he's off to Liverpool or someone they like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

SKY banner headline : Pusilic to remain at Dortmund until summer .

Maybe if they don't mention it they can pretend he's off to Liverpool or someone they like

Indeed.  Weren't the complaints all about how our board was going to let our target slip through to Liverpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now