• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Bison   

He needs a loan to the Championship.

Tomori, Mount, Abraham all spent time there and look at them now.

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Bison said:

He needs a loan to the Championship.

Tomori, Mount, Abraham all spent time there and look at them now.

Jeez give him a chance to show what he can do! 

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Don't worry , they're all in the Daily Mail comments section demanding SFL's head and suggesting there's anti American bias in operation .

No mention of Pulisic being blown over by a stiff wind though strangely.

This is what I mean. A lot of American commentary is already saying he has to leave. That said, I do think this season is a bit make or break for him personally because if he does not get in now with the transfer ban, two aging AM's and just coming back from a serious injury CHO, when will he? I say this as from my prespective one or two AM's of good to very good quality is a minimum when we do get to spend again and where will that leave him then?

Tbh, I never got why we left him at Dortmund last season as by Jan he wasn't playing for them either. Thus, another season as a bit part player will make it two seasons in a row for him at an age where he does need to be playing. 

On 10/3/2019 at 3:14 PM, King Kante said:

This is what I mean. A lot of American commentary is already saying he has to leave.

The average American commentator is unbelievably naive and unreasonable about the Pulisic situation. Honestly, I don't know what they expected. The fact that this whole thing is being reduced to "Lampard won't play Pulisic because he's not English or from their Academy" is so stupid.

My prayer is that Pulisic has a tough skin and deaf ears to this nonsense. Pulisic is talented without a doubt. If he puts his head down, works hard in practice and in the gym and up his work rate on the pitch, he will find his feet in this club this season. That said, Chelsea under Roman Abramovich, is an ambitious club - transfer ban or not. Surely, Pulisic knew that when he signed on the dotted line.That means a lot of pressure. A lot of high expectations. A lot of criticism. Etc. Etc. Knowing this going in, why is the American 'soccer' media in meltdown mode after only 6 weeks during which Pulisic has played 6 out of 11 games with 3 assists? This is so silly it's comical.  

3 hours ago, MikelBlue said:

The average American commentator is unbelievably naive and unreasonable about the Pulisic situation. Honestly, I don't know what they expected. The fact that this whole thing is being reduced to "Lampard won't play Pulisic because he's not English or from their Academy" is so stupid.

My prayer is that Pulisic has a tough skin and deaf ears to this nonsense. Pulisic is talented without a doubt. If he puts his head down, works hard in practice and in the gym and up his work rate on the pitch, he will find his feet in this club this season. That said, Chelsea under Roman Abramovich, is an ambitious club - transfer ban or not. Surely, Pulisic knew that when he signed on the dotted line.That means a lot of pressure. A lot of high expectations. A lot of criticism. Etc. Etc. Knowing this going in, why is the American 'soccer' media in meltdown mode after only 6 weeks during which Pulisic has played 6 out of 11 games with 3 assists? This is so silly it's comical.  

I think its being ignored that Willian is in excellent form and CHO just returned from injury and is also looking very sharp. 

Pulisic has a lot of qualities but SFL does seem to base a lot on his training sessions as he keeps reiterating that in his press conferences and we have already seen how highly he regards Jorginho when Jorginho the player on the pitch is often far from being remarkable.. so you have got to believe that maybe Pulisic isn't putting in enough effort in training.

• Like 1

Bison   
2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

You were warned you were going way to early !

Haha, excellent performance to be fair. Hope he can sustain it.

• Like 1

chara   
On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:15 PM, MikelBlue said:

Should have followed up earlier but this about sums it up...I do not take any notice of US (real) football commentary or opinion..unfair probably but I don't watch MLS either. Not that good at all and hard to have any "loyalty"  Rapids in Colorado have too much of an Arse connection for me.

Didn't Pulisic basically learn the game in UK anyway?

Think he is a very intelligent player and we have to trust SFL to handle him..and the other youngsters...properly....

• Like 1

paulw66   
On 8/31/2019 at 5:48 PM, Bison said:

Whoever paid £60m for this guy needs to be fire TODAY.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, Bison said:

Pulisic is clearly not a Pemier League level talent and certainly not for a club with aspirations of finishing in the top 4.

His career numbers indicated he wasn't going to have much impact and his performances to date have been even worse than I expected. The Sheffield Utd game in particular exposing just how bad he is.

If whoever identified and sanctioned this transfer (at 60m!) is still in charge of player recruitment we are heading nowhere.

These aged well.

Imagine writing off a 21 year old after less than 2 months of action.