• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Ham   
19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

These aged well.

Imagine writing off a 21 year old after less than 2 months of action. 

To be fair to Bison, he is negative about almost everyone in the squad in the match day thread every week.

• Haha 1

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

To be fair to Bison, he is negative about almost everyone in the squad in the match day thread every week.

Consistency , if nothing else.

chara   

Ah..the old MatchDay wobbles.....the fear of being too optimistic and cursing the game..the fall back to extreme pessimism knowing secretly......  that will charm the evil spirits away..

• Like 1

CHRISTIAN PULISIC IDENTIFIES PREMIER LEAGUE CHALLENGES AND HIGHLIGHTS FRANK LAMPARD’S BACKING

• 29 OCT 2019, 01:45 AM

Christian Pulisic has spoken of the faith Frank Lampard has shown in him and also explained how the Premier League has differed from his previous footballing experience in Germany. 

The American scored a sensational hat-trick against Burnley on Saturday, demonstrating his technique, speed and finishing ability with devastating effects.

As his boss Frank Lampard noted after the win at Turf Moor, Pulisic played regularly in the first month of the season, starting four of our five games in August before a spell out of the team. He has featured more often of late, and the 21-year-old has underlined the support he has received from Lampard during his time in SW6 so far.

‘He believes in me, he has told me that,’ Pulisic said.

‘I wanted to be on the field as much as I could right from the start, that’s everyone’s goal. I didn’t come here expecting everything to be easy and to start every game. I had to work for my spot, just like anyone does, and I am proud of the journey I have had so far.

‘I have to keep working hard in training and earn my spot. That’s how it is at the highest level. I am going to continue doing so, and hopefully Saturday was just the start.

‘The competition, the physicality, and the schedule is different to what I’ve known,’ he added as he compared his time with Borussia Dortmund to life in England now.

‘It’s about getting used to this whole environment here, and I am enjoying every moment of it. As I get older I want to improve every single day. Being here and working with these guys and playing at the highest level, I have learned so much alr

paulw66   
7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

CHRISTIAN PULISIC IDENTIFIES PREMIER LEAGUE CHALLENGES AND HIGHLIGHTS FRANK Lampard’S BACKING

• 29 OCT 2019, 01:45 AM

Christian Pulisic has spoken of the faith Frank Lampard has shown in him and also explained how the Premier League has differed from his previous footballing experience in Germany. 

The American scored a sensational hat-trick against Burnley on Saturday, demonstrating his technique, speed and finishing ability with devastating effects.

As his boss Frank Lampard noted after the win at Turf Moor, Pulisic played regularly in the first month of the season, starting four of our five games in August before a spell out of the team. He has featured more often of late, and the 21-year-old has underlined the support he has received from Lampard during his time in SW6 so far.

‘He believes in me, he has told me that,’ Pulisic said.

‘I wanted to be on the field as much as I could right from the start, that’s everyone’s goal. I didn’t come here expecting everything to be easy and to start every game. I had to work for my spot, just like anyone does, and I am proud of the journey I have had so far.

‘I have to keep working hard in training and earn my spot. That’s how it is at the highest level. I am going to continue doing so, and hopefully Saturday was just the start.

‘The competition, the physicality, and the schedule is different to what I’ve known,’ he added as he compared his time with Borussia Dortmund to life in England now.

‘It’s about getting used to this whole environment here, and I am enjoying every moment of it. As I get older I want to improve every single day. Being here and working with these guys and playing at the highest level, I have learned so much alr

So our head of recruitment hasn't been fired yet then? 

paulw66   
18 hours ago, Zidane said:

Decent article here on Pulisic and his Lampard-esque run at Watford before scoring. Promising signs indeed. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/christian-pulisic-chelsea-fc-frank-Lampard-watford-a9183916.html

As a follow up

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11854687/premier-league-power-rankings-chelsea-midfielder-christian-pulisic-top

I don't like to long at these sort of things literally, but certainly suggests he is doing a lot right. Ditto Willian. 

jangz   
On 8/31/2019 at 10:18 PM, Bison said:

;Whoever paid £60m for this guy needs to be fire TODAY.

I am sure no one is happier than you given his recent performances.. but just underscores why we love the sport no one can write such a script..

Bison   

He has really picked it up after an awful start that convinced me we had another flop on our hands.

Fair play to him, I was wrong.

• Like 2

Kezza   
On 11/10/2019 at 5:09 PM, Bison said:

He has really picked it up after an awful start that convinced me we had another flop on our hands.

Fair play to him, I was wrong.

Always easiest to categorise someone as a flop after 5 games.

• Haha 1