• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

On 7/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, Martin1905 said:

Not trying to justify anything, just saying the market is what it is and I do not think Pulisic was especially expensive. At all.

3 seasons later Man U can get Sancho for £73m. 

I'd say £60m for Pulisic was pretty hefty. Even more so in hindsight. But sure, the market is insane. Which is why it makes no sense to give our most talented academy prospects away for peanuts when similar players will cost us a lot more. 

It's bad business plain and simple.

6 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I'd say £60m for Pulisic was pretty hefty. Even more so in hindsight. But sure, the market is insane. Which is why it makes no sense to give our most talented academy prospects away for peanuts when similar players will cost us a lot more. 

Which again leads us to that timeless question of who exactly is making these decisions and on who's say so .

Our magical football board has ,other than an ex Fulham scout ( name me a player they've "unearthed" in forty years worth they're salt ) Marina , and a bunch of lawyers on it , not one of them would I trust with running the eye over a player and knowing their worth.

From the outside it appears we rely on the recommendations of agents to sign any players and lets be honest , Ziyech played against us and caught they eye , Havertz and Werner were on the radar of very club in Europe so it appears to be money for old rope to be a scout at our club .

I find it laughable to be honest. 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

We can level that accusation to a lot of the current first teamers. 

Is Havertz a £80m player?

Is Kepa a £70m player?

Is Jorginho a £60m player?

Is Chilwell a £50m player?

Is Werner a £50m player?

Is Kovacic a £40m player?

Is Ziyech a £40m player?

I think the only two players that may defend the outlay over time is Havertz and Werner. May being the key word here. The rest are simply a case of overspending. 

6 yeses out of 7 - Pulisic should be in there too, along with Kovacic.  Which is an amazing average.  
image.jpeg.043da86fa35993fd08c2bcd15bf547a8.jpeg

Lucky we didn't buy any bang average players (or did we - still not sure)

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Someone like Pulsic is worth more commercially than a Sancho 3 years ago and now.

The club has to make money by all means possible and signing the American golden boy is a formula for increased commercial revenue / sponsors from the US.

I believe the head of the clubs commercial business at the club was headhunted from a US firm for his knowledge of the US  market

15 hours ago, Bison said:

Injured already? That's a new record. 

Such a shame if true. I genuinely think he could be a star in this league but he has to stay fit enough to fight for minutes and find some form - and at the moment that seems like a big ask. 

Also, hi Seb (it is Seb right?) - Craig here, we went tosome games together YEARS ago.

15 hours ago, Bison said:

Injured already? That's a new record. 

5 minutes ago, FrankLampard8 said:

Such a shame if true. I genuinely think he could be a star in this league but he has to stay fit enough to fight for minutes and find some form - and at the moment that seems like a big ask. 

Also, hi Seb (it is Seb right?) - Craig here, we went tosome games together YEARS ago.

Apparently he's tested positive for Covid. 

paulw66   
54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently he's tested positive for Covid. 

Yes. Tuchel has confirmed

1 hour ago, FrankLampard8 said:

He has missed a training session, not a season.
He has been unavailable in 2 games in calendar 2021.  
He has played in 40 games for Chelsea and US in that time including 5 this season already.

(just seen the covid announcement, we have 2 games in 3 weeks, everyone else is fit, good timing)

Edited by Droy was my hero

37 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes. Tuchel has confirmed

I assume there is no squad bubble now?