• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

11 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Rumour has it, the problem with Robben at Chelsea, wasn't so much that he was injury prone, it was due to him not wanting to play unless he was 100% fit without even the slightest ache or pain anywhere on his body.  A stark contrast to the likes of JT, who would have pain killing injections. Robben's weak attitude caused friction between himself and Jose and the club.

I remember hearing something about this and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a similar thing for Pulisic.

paulw66   
15 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Rumour has it, the problem with Robben at Chelsea, wasn't so much that he was injury prone, it was due to him not wanting to play unless he was 100% fit without even the slightest ache or pain anywhere on his body.  A stark contrast to the likes of JT, who would have pain killing injections. Robben's weak attitude caused friction between himself and Jose and the club.

JM was clearly frustrated that he was often injured, but injured he was.

In 2014 I did a stadium tour of the Allianz and when we got to the dressing room, the tour guide told us that after EVERY game, Robben spent an hour with the team doctor, who administered various treatments which allowed Robben to maintain fitness. Before he got to Munich and worked with this specific doctor, he was consistently inured. His injuries continued when at Real Madrid after he left us.

Actually, if you look at his appearances, 201 league appearances in 10 years at BM........doesn't look he ever shook those injuries off. 

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I remember hearing something about this and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a similar thing for Pulisic.

See above. 

Edited by paulw66

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

In 2014 I did a stadium tour of the Allianz and when we got to the dressing room, the tour guide told us that after EVERY game, Robben spent an hour with the team doctor, who administered various treatments which allowed Robben to maintain fitness. Before he got to Munich and worked with this specific doctor, he was consistently inured. His injuries continued when at Real Madrid after he left us.

Actually, if you look at his appearances, 201 league appearances in 10 years at BM........doesn't look he ever shook those injuries off. 

See above. 

Robben might simply be a hypochondriac. 

Edited by boratsbrother

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes.  Fast rapid wingers with hamstrings and ankles to be kicked (and huge valuations) get protected by the medics with the support of the board.
It could well have been the medics holding him back rather than Robben himself.  

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

See above. 

I've done the Allianz tour. The highlight was when the tour guide asked us who we supported. Our CL win is such a painful memory for Bayern. As bitter for them as it is sweet for us.

That Bayern team doctor (Müller-Wohlfahrt) is legendary. I remember meeting the sprinter Mark Lewis-Francis at Munich airport. He'd flown in for the day for treatment. 

There was a huge bust-up between Guardiola and him over player injuries  when he was at Bayern.

On 04/10/2021 at 10:36 PM, Michael Tucker said:

OK, that's enough of the nonsense. Northern Lights, you're supposed to be better than this crap. As Bob says, 'Shame on you". And this is your last warning mate. Next time you post anything like this, you're out of here.

**I've also deleted Northern Lights original post.

Omg. For what? Telling the truth? I stand by what I said because that’s what I believe.

If I may, I am a bit surprised by this censoriousness. If that gets me banned then so be it. 

And who’s Bob? 

Edited by Northern Lights

Ham   
7 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

Omg. For what? Telling the truth? I stand by what I said because that’s what I believe.

If I may, I am a bit surprised by this censoriousness. If that gets me banned then so be it. 

And who’s Bob? 

The bloke you were debating with.  

Michael is the main admin here. 

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

The bloke you were debating with.  

Michael is the main admin here. 

I know who Mr Tucker is. 🤪💁🏿‍♂️ Listen if I get banned I’m down, because I said what I meant and meant what I said. I’m always honest and am a straight shooter. 🧨🧨

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

I know who Mr Tucker is. 🤪💁🏿‍♂️ Listen if I get banned I’m down, because I said what I meant and meant what I said. I’m always honest and am a straight shooter. 🧨🧨

If we all said what we truly wanted to there would be no one left on here.

You're very entitled to your opinion, it was just the word you used which was unacceptable.

I get told off for being too censorious but I think on this occasion we Mods were all in agreement.

You can still say what you think without pushing the boundaries.