• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Ham   
47 minutes ago, Northern Lights said:

Look. I respect the rules - and I apologise for my part if I was a bit OTT. The rules are there for a reason - I get that - but with respect, you don’t seem to follow them yourself; it seems that you can insult anyone you like. If that gets me banned then so be it, but I don’t think it’s right to speak to people how you do at times, I really don’t. I don’t care what you say to me as I don’t get offended (though I don’t like rudeness). But it does seem a touch hypocritical, if I may say.  💁🏿‍♂️

Mate we were genuinely happy to have new members and fresh opinions in here and I'm desperate not to see another new member walk so I agree with MT in one respect. 

We've all fallen foul of the rules in here and been told to wind our necks in.  Your post went beyond what tends to get pulled up. 

It's less Twitter BS and more a civil discussion over a pint in here.

Having said that I do agree with one thing you've said.

Michael I get that you've got to keep order but I do think your way of warning members on here goes beyond what is comfortable to hear as an adult member of society.

The "shut up or get out" posts go too far in my opinion. You're not actually talking to children. 

We're in danger of losing any new members who aren't familiar with how things go around here. 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ham said:

Mate we were genuinely happy to have new members and fresh opinions in here

Indeed we are mate. Unfortunately he isn't a new member, just an establish one who left than then came back under a new/different name.

and I'm desperate not to see another new member walk so I agree with MT in one respect. 

See above.

Your post went beyond what tends to get pulled up. 

Yes, it did. And it should have ended there, but he seems unable to let go.

Michael I get that you've got to keep order but I do think your way of warning members on here goes beyond what is comfortable to hear as an adult member of society.

You're entitled to you opinion mate. Unfortunately, you don't see everything that goes on, or every comment that gets made. If people want to be treated like adult members of society, they should act like that.

You're not actually talking to children. 

With some like Matt when he's in this mood, that's exactly who we're talking to. Sorry, but nether I, or any of the other mods have to put up with this nonsense. He feels that he can say what he wants, to whoever he wants, with no consequences. He's wrong.

• Like 1

Ham   
28 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Indeed we are mate. Unfortunately he isn't a new member, just an establish one who left than then came back under a new/different name.

See above.

Yes, it did. And it should have ended there, but he seems unable to let go.

You're entitled to you opinion mate. Unfortunately, you don't see everything that goes on, or every comment that gets made. If people want to be treated like adult members of society, they should act like that.

With some like Matt when he's in this mood, that's exactly who we're talking to. Sorry, but nether I, or any of the other mods have to put up with this nonsense. He feels that he can say what he wants, to whoever he wants, with no consequences. He's wrong.

I had absolutely no idea he was an old timer under a new name.  My bad. I can't keep up when members change their names without warning or explanation 🙄

Look I know you have a difficult role but I just feel uncomfortable with the tone of the warnings.  That's all.  I agree with the sentiment generally.  

Maybe it's Aussie directness and we're all a bit namby pamby in Blighty 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry, but nether I, or any of the other mods have to put up with this nonsense.

48 minutes ago, Ham said:

Maybe it's Aussie directness and we're all a bit namby pamby in Blighty 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are plenty of verbose posters on here.  But until I volunteer to be a mod (or you do) we are very privileged to have the mods we have.  

• Like 1

chara   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

There are plenty of verbose posters on here.  But until I volunteer to be a mod (or you do) we are very privileged to have the mods we have.  

Absolutely Droy.....

New voice or old renewed we need as many diverse views on here as we can get.....Ham summed it up well...it's all about the approach..with a view point or with a censure of any kind......with the very rare exception all on here accept a slap on the wrist as long as it is explained and we are treated as adults...one of my boring mantras is.."I can be preached to...but not preached at"..or "preach to me not at me"...that goes for any discussion of any issue...... perhaps we should all maybe take that line more often.

My admiration of the work done by the Mods is immense......for all my apparently sensible posts..not my words....I can be extremely silly and take umbrage at often unimportant..except to me ..issues and have had foolish words for and with the Mods at times...but I keep them to pms....my quiet suggestion is when flash points occur the "discussions" be kept at pm level except for maybe a final signing off by those involved ?

By having public spats or such it gives license...and I'm passionate about free speech...for others to pitch in and simple disagreements can escalate beyond sense.

We are ALL Chelsea Blue and share a passion for our club which we can share squabble about and simply enjoy with some great online mates......lets keep it that way...PLEASE?

• Thanks 1

JaneB   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Thank you Droy.  You never cease to surprise me.

chara   
2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thank you Droy.  You never cease to surprise me.

Hey Jane..there's an echo on here...what's happening?....... and yep ..that Droy never fails to surprise!!!!!

Edited by chara

JaneB   
1 minute ago, chara said:

Hey Jane..there's an echo on here...what's happening?....... and yep ..that Droy never fails to surprise!!!!!

We overlapped!!

Wonderful post from you too.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:11 PM, Droy was my hero said:

If your view is based on Pulisic being chronically injured, it isn't worth hearing anyway.
Barely 23,   246 appearances for Dortmund, Chelsea and US.

And injured for 50+ appearances too. Massive massive cause of concern. Definition of "injury prone" or "chronically injured" or whatever you want to call him. 

Anyone denying this fact is the only one whose view is not worth hearing

Edited by didierforever