• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Christian Pulisic

Bison   

He could and should have squared a simple pass to a teammate to tap in when the score was 0-0 yesterday.

The fact that he didn't and instead chose to shoot from an impossible angle leads to me to believe we have signed another stupid player to add to the growing collection. A lot of you will say it's only one moment but these little moments in high pressure games are very telling.

High HQ players make the right play 9/10.

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Bison said:

He could and should have squared a simple pass to a teammate to tap in when the score was 0-0 yesterday.

The fact that he didn't and instead chose to shoot from an impossible angle leads to me to believe we have signed another stupid player to add to the growing collection. A lot of you will say it's only one moment but these little moments in high pressure games are very telling.

Written off already. Welcome to CFC, Christian. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bison said:

3 out of 10 is HQ.  Any thing higher means the player has stopped to look up or was never moving fast to begin with.  

He looked good against Tottenham. He has speed yes but he plays at a stop and go tempo, which is good. He doesnt just run around aimlessly. Uses tempo change at just the right time, very similar to Hazard in that regard. The tragedy will be if we lose Hazard after adding players like Pulisic and Higuain, as I am sure these players will make it easier for Hazard to play at a higher level. 

Bison   

Pulisic's final Dortmund stats are: 15 goals & 18 assists in 115 games.

A 19 year old Sancho (nearly two years younger) has 13 goals & 15 assists this season alone.

Our team is short on goals & assists and yet we continue to buy players who do very little to move the needle.

1 hour ago, Bison said:

A 19 year old Sancho (nearly two years younger) has 13 goals & 15 assists this season alone.

Our team is short on goals & assists and yet we continue to buy players who do very little to move the needle.

I think quite a few of those have come in the last 10-15 games which is slightly encouraging. Although I agree with the sentiment of your post that we could do with somebody with better end product. Hopefully having a more direct option may improve overall team play.

xCELERYx   

Still not sold on Pulisic overall. £60m is hefty money for someone who isn't realistically going to step in and immediately improve us. Outside of his pace and more direct nature, there hasn't been a lot that's really impressed me with his game thus far. 

1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

Still not sold on Pulisic overall. £60m is hefty money for someone who isn't realistically going to step in and immediately improve us. Outside of his pace and more direct nature, there hasn't been a lot that's really impressed me with his game thus far. 

He Is the golden boy of US football, therefore his commercial value is huge. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

jangz   
7 hours ago, Bison said:

This is very lazy posting.. a quick look at the stats shows you that in the league of the 90 appearance - 55 have been from the start.. this season he has had 9 starts and 11 subs appearances for 4 goals and 4 assists.. add to the fact he started his career at 16.. There are two many things to use statistics to define this player at this point like - 

Quality of the team & League/ Development level/Appearances etc.. 

Besides Sterling and Salah had similar stats before they really came off age.. 

lastly how many 60 million players are out there that will meet our standard.. 

I for one am excited about this signing.. the little I have seen of him he has the basics.. can play one-two, go past people at pace and gets into good shooting position..

too much negativity round the club.. we should be welcoming the lad with open arms.. right now anything is an upgrade on willian and pedro..

-

27 minutes ago, jangz said:

too much negativity round the club..

Yep, and particularly on these forums. 

27 minutes ago, jangz said:

we should be welcoming the lad with open arms

True. The problem is that h's not a superstar (yet). I'd also bet that few here have actually watched him play for any length of time..