• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 1 Chelsea 0

Looks like RLC, Willian, Giroud and Pedro are all injured to some degree, so it would seem that CHO is very likely to feature.

Arkie   
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bats got a hattrick against Forest last year with an even worse performance.  Morata cemented himself with the Forest game as 3rd choice CF out of 2.

And the stewards, we are told will be keeping an ear on things.  I wonder what happens when a Chelsea fan gets banned for using the Y word at Wembley.  .

Yes I agree that Forest is an autrocious opposition and any striker should take advantage of that . You think aguero would score 10 goals against them though ? :)

Arkie   
13 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Played himself into the starting 11????

The guy missed a point blank header and then scooped an offside chance in the most impossible manner high into the stands before scoring the second. 

If anything it was a typical Morata performance. And I have defended Morata heavily since day 1, but fair is fair the guy was 6 out of 10 at the very best on Saturday.

He wasn’t great but two goals is two goals and we are lacking attackers at the moment . 

1 minute ago, Arkie said:

Yes I agree that Forest is an autrocious opposition and any striker should take advantage of that . You think aguero would score 10 goals against them though ? :)

I don't know if they are atrocious.  But I suspect it is much harder to compete for a big high ball to the half way line against them, or most Championship sides, than to find a yard in the penalty box.

But yes, City put 7 past a championship team, and Aguero was not even on the bench.

Leo91   

City played a Rotherham side 21st in the league battling relegation with a goal difference of -16. We played Nottingham Forest in 7th outside the playoffs with a GD of +10. 

Kepa 

Dave Christensen Rudi/Luiz Emerson 

Kante Jorginho Barkley

CHO Morata Hazard 

I think a couple of the 2nd team will keep their places as it is unfair to drop all of them, particularly Christensen and Emerson. Additionally, I think Kova may not be well enough for tomorrow so Barkley plays. As for the front three the PL game is more important, Pedro and Willian are both carrying muscular injuries and CHO played very well against Forest. For me, if CHO does not start tomorrow, I do not really blame him if he thinks leaving is the best for him as he actually deserves to start this one even if it means he gets pulled at half time. 

37 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

... and CHO played very well against Forest.   For me, if CHO does not start tomorrow, I do not really blame him if he thinks leaving is the best for him as he actually deserves to start this one even if it means he gets pulled at half time. 

He may well start tomorrow given the injury situation and what Sarri has just said.  

But he has had a fair few chances recently and it is unreasonable to say he should have had more time.  It suggests either you accept what the press write too easily or are joining in with an agenda against Sarri or Club.

Besides which - CHO did not play very well against Forest.   Invisible for the first 45 and last 25 mins.  2 very good assists, very little else.  Morata got 2 goals, but it would be hard to say he deserves more time on the back of it.

When you play against a weaker team, standard tactics are to play 9vs10 in the middle of the park, with your extra man unmarked out wide able to cause mayhem when he gets the ball.
Against a much weaker team you play 8vs10 and have 2 free widemen - as we did against Forest.
Frankly CHO could have done a lot better over the 90 mins. 

So disturbing seeing their midfield slice and dice us like Swiss cheese these last few years. Ideally you would want to play Kante x3 against them but I’m worried Sarri will play Kante x0,5. 

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He may well start tomorrow given the injury situation and what Sarri has just said.  

But he has had a fair few chances recently and it is unreasonable to say he should have had more time.  It suggests either you accept what the press write too easily or are joining in with an agenda against Sarri or Club.

Besides which - CHO did not play very well against Forest.   Invisible for the first 45 and last 25 mins.  2 very good assists, very little else.  Morata got 2 goals, but it would be hard to say he deserves more time on the back of it.

When you play against a weaker team, standard tactics are to play 9vs10 in the middle of the park, with your extra man unmarked out wide able to cause mayhem when he gets the ball.
Against a much weaker team you play 8vs10 and have 2 free widemen - as we did against Forest.
Frankly CHO could have done a lot better over the 90 mins. 

I do not have an agenda against Sarri nor buy into having to give CHO unfair advantage/opportunities etc. However, for this game the following applies:

1) It comes after he played well and was one of the best three players on the pitch

2) The two players in front of him are carrying muscular injuries, and in Willian's case been out of form as well.

3) The game at the weekend is more important than this one, thus I would start Pedro ahead of CHO (unless CHO does something remarkable) as he is our most threatening forward player after Hazard. 

I think that owing to the above, it is reasonable to expect him to start.  

Leo91   

I swear if Alli scores a header against us from an Eriksen cross. 

• Thanks 1