• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 1 Chelsea 0

3 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

It appears that the technology isn't yet ready to be 100% clear on offsides so I would leave the tight decisions to the referee/assistants. Similar to umpire's call in cricket.

You need a lot more cameras or tracking devices on the players' legs, bodies, feet and heads if you're going to get the offside line accurate to the cm.

Yes, that's an interesting idea Chiswick.

2 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, that's an interesting idea Chiswick.

I thought it was already the case, given the wording, but last night made me think otherwise...

It could be worse though, you should look up the penalty not given to Real Madrid in their last match!

40 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I thought it was already the case, given the wording, but last night made me think otherwise...

It could be worse though, you should look up the penalty not given to Real Madrid in their last match!

Interesting - can fully understand how the ref got that wrong.  But how VAR failed to review it is incredible.

Please please please sign a world class striker, and speed up the play as well, at times our play is just much too slow and predictable.  Hazard is not a striker, end of.  Giroud is now long in the tooth, and Morata is simply not good enough and I doubt whether Batshuayi or Abraham are the answer to our problems.  However, I still believe we can beat Rottenham at the Bridge in two weeks time, but we have to be clinical in front of goal.

The good thing is SKY are reporting that justice has been done and that the officials are happy they got things right .

Apparently the in house equipment was far superior in quality to the footage Sarri showed in the press conference and furthermore our machine hadn't been calibrated and the ball had already been kicked .

So there , everything is in order , we move on in the knowledge that the machine can be aimed at the wrong angle provided it has been calibrated properly .

It's a campaign ...

Ham   

Anyone remember these correctly calibrated lines? 

True story. 

Screenshot_20190109-184448_Google.jpg

27 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Please please please sign a world class striker, and speed up the play as well, at times our play is just much too slow and predictable.  Hazard is not a striker, end of.  Giroud is now long in the tooth, and Morata is simply not good enough and I doubt whether Batshuayi or Abraham are the answer to our problems.  However, I still believe we can beat Rottenham at the Bridge in two weeks time, but we have to be clinical in front of goal.

I agree that our movement of the ball has been far too slow generally this season, but last night the game was played at a very fast tempo I thought and, given that we had the majority of the possession, that was down to a marked improvement from us.

4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

It appears that the technology isn't yet ready to be 100% clear on offsides so I would leave the tight decisions to the referee/assistants. Similar to umpire's call in cricket.

You need a lot more cameras or tracking devices on the players' legs, bodies, feet and heads if you're going to get the offside line accurate to the cm.

Agree with this. Would make a lot more sense to trial it in a league rather than the cup, that way with the system used every weekend some proper investment could be made into the equipment at the stadiums. As it is now it seems they just slap a couple of cameras on the roof of the stadium or use the existing. If the two angles we have seen are all that was available then that is not good enough. If VAR is to be used in the Prem where the stakes are high there would need to be far more cameras, maybe every 5 meters and staggered each side of the pitch, and ideally some kind of Hawkeye system. In fact sky regularly digitize real time situations in their studio, perhaps not possible at short notice.

Holymoly   

The offside thing is a bit of a red herring. Discuss it regarding the use of VAR but it was not the deciding issue of the game. There was plenty of time for us to turn things around but the folly of persisting with false 9 was what truly stuffed us. Even with a proper striker we find it hard enough to score goals but without Hazard walking throughthe defense for us we were never going to find the net.

Not sure Higuain is the answer either...

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

The offside thing is a bit of a red herring. Discuss it regarding the use of VAR but it was not the deciding issue of the game. There was plenty of time for us to turn things around but the folly of persisting with false 9 was what truly stuffed us. Even with a proper striker we find it hard enough to score goals but without Hazard walking throughthe defense for us we were never going to find the net.

Not sure Higuain is the answer either...

Whilst I get the gyst of your message it was LITERALLY the deciding issue. 

• Like 1