• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 1 Chelsea 0

kev61   
5 minutes ago, Ham said:

I was agreeing in principle, generally, although we played brilliantly, whilst pointing out that the record books will say otherwise.  1-0 due to a VAR penalty. 

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

I was agreeing in principle, generally, although we played brilliantly, whilst pointing out that the record books will say otherwise.  1-0 due to a VAR penalty. 

I don't get the conspiracy theories at all,but certain referees will favour certain teams and certain players that will affect their decisions(they are human)

A lot of manu fans were saying exactly the same thing about a conspiracy against them when Mourhino was in charge - however when there is vast amounts of money involved nothing would surprise me.

41 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I don't get the conspiracy theories at all,but certain referees will favour certain teams and certain players that will affect their decisions(they are human)

In which case that last thing you should do is put them all together in a big Monday morning meeting and let them discuss why so many managers have said beastly things about them.

bert19   
9 hours ago, kev61 said:

A lot of manu fans were saying exactly the same thing about a conspiracy against them when Mourhino was in charge - however when there is vast amounts of money involved nothing would surprise me.

Lets be honest, there are plenty of reasons why refs wouldn't like Mourinho.  I think we're still suffering at the hands of referees after he went after them so hard during the title-winning season in 2014-15 (I don't think he was wrong most of the time either, the FA, PL and PGMOL just weren't happy that someone without the name Ferguson was daring to question the decisions of officials on a regular basis) 

And they clearly pick out certain players.  In the same way that violent conduct offences from the Bardsleys, Kevin Davies etc get casually ignored because they play for "physical sides"

Look what Mikel was booked and sent off for early in his PL career.  Costa was being booked for being kicked, Matic got sent off for being annoyed that Ashley Barnes tried to break his leg.  Even Morata on Saturday, the level of disinterest when he'd clearly been tripped going through on goal (granted he doesn't help himself, but a clear foul should not be ignored, especially given VAR was available) 

2 hours ago, bert19 said:

I think we're still suffering at the hands of referees after he went after them so hard during the title-winning season in 2014-15

Really?  15/16 yes.  16/17 was as close to fair reffing as I can remember post RA.  And that held right up to 2 or 3 weeks ago.  Even now it feels a blip rather than a campaign.
I absolutely agree there have been clear campaigns in the past, but I think refs got over the JM period.
Actually the manager I feel sorry for is CA (not that I am a fan).  Under CA we changed approach and went very very soft on refs and never said a word against them.  It didn't work at all.

2 hours ago, bert19 said:

the FA, PL and PGMOL just weren't happy that someone without the name Ferguson was daring to question the decisions of officials on a regular basis

Ferguson, Wenger, Allardyce, Pulis, Hughes, you could name 2 dozen PL managers who complain about refs on a regular basis as much as JM.  It is just that Ferguson and JM do it so elegantly and with panache.

Holymoly   
On 09/01/2019 at 9:13 PM, Ham said:

Whilst I get the gyst of your message it was LITERALLY the deciding issue. 

Eh? It was in the 25th minute. Are you saying that it was too late for Chelsea to do anything about it? We had the majority of the game and it was a lack of ability to score that was the deciding issue. An issue that is becoming ever more evident as the season wears on.

Ham   
3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Eh? It was in the 25th minute. Are you saying that it was too late for Chelsea to do anything about it? We had the majority of the game and it was a lack of ability to score that was the deciding issue. An issue that is becoming ever more evident as the season wears on.

No.  I'ts very clear what I'm saying. Whether we should have come back from it is another thing.