• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Groundhog day , this is exactly what Conte did , and guess what ? He got heavily criticised for "the most boring football I've ever seen" (that was you that was ! LOL !)

Said with the best intentions and not for point scoring !

Indeed, yet we were still rubbish defensively with loads of defensive players on the pitch. 

Compared to the football we saw last season what we are now seeing is miles better. In my opinion of course.

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Groundhog day , this is exactly what Conte did , and guess what ? He got heavily criticised for "the most boring football I've ever seen" (that was you that was ! LOL !)

Except Conte's teams conceded 33 goals then 38 goals.  We are on target to concede just 28, while outscoring last seasons side substantially.

Had Conte put together a side that was boring and defensive AND conceded as rarely as the current team, he might have got some credit.  

8 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

In my opinion of course.

I think everyone agrees with that - so do the goal stats at each end.

I really hope CHO starts, although I fear he won't. I actually think he deserves a PL start and Willian could do with a rest and Pedro I don't think is quite fully fit either. I'd go with this:

Kepa

Azpilicueta  Rudiger  Luiz  Emerson

Kante  Jorginho  Kovacic

CHO  Morata  Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Alonso, Barkley, Pedro, Willian, Giroud

Unless Morata is indeed being sold, I'd give him a chance to play with CHO again - a player who can actually cross the ball to a player who can actually head the ball...

I'd like Hudson-Odoi play purely because, as a ST holder who rarely does cup games these days, I've not yet seen him the flesh. Purely selfish and nowt to do with form or tactics. 

Just now, thevelourfog said:

I'd like Hudson-Odoi play purely because, as a ST holder who rarely does cup games these days, I've not yet seen him the flesh. Purely selfish and nowt to do with form or tactics. 

You could be in for a disappointment either way then.

Sea foot   
6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You could be in for a disappointment either way then.

Ever the optimist Droy. ;-)

kev61   
7 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

As a season ticket holder who doesn't go to watch cup games has it suddenly dawned on you to watch the most talked about young player we have ever produced?

When you take your seat don't forget  that other members on here would like to get ticket for any game.

On 1/9/2019 at 3:29 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Except Conte's teams conceded 33 goals then 38 goals.  We are on target to concede just 28, while outscoring last seasons side substantially.

Had Conte put together a side that was boring and defensive AND conceded as rarely as the current team, he might have got some credit.  

I think everyone agrees with that - so do the goal stats at each end.

Goal stats are meaningless. 4th or better is the minimum for the coach.

34 minutes ago, kev61 said:

As a season ticket holder who doesn't go to watch cup games has it suddenly dawned on you to watch the most talked about young player we have ever produced?

I guess likes of JT, Wilkins, Venables , Ozgood etc. We’re never talked about?

1 minute ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I guess likes of JT, Wilkins, Venables , Ozgood etc. We’re never talked about?

Not to mention the great Jimmy Greaves! People simply forget, and get carried away with the shiny new thing........:)..