• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 1

Recommended Posts

Leo91   
Just now, NoblyBobly said:

I think if I were him Is collect the ball  look up to were Hazard, Willian, Pedro SHOULD be in attacking third and put the ball there. Sooner or later that discussion of whose at fault will take place. But let's seem do something.

How is Luiz finding these passes then ? Are Willian and Pedro only running in behind when he has the ball and not when Joringho has it ? Come on... I agree our off the ball movement is lacking. Too many players admiring, but that's more of the case then the ball reaches Kovacic and Kante. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leo91 said:

How is Luiz finding these passes then ? Are Willian and Pedro only running in behind when he has the ball and not when Joringho has it ? Come on... I agree our off the ball movement is lacking. Too many players admiring, but that's more of the case then the ball reaches Kovacic and Kante. 

I'm with you. He's not doing enough. Not nearly enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
11 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

This.

If he had people doing what they are meant to be doing in front of him people would be lauding him. Problem is we are so static that he does not have any options when he looks up or he has to lay off to someone who is not in a great position to recieve.  

How do we know what he would do if players were making  runs? he is so slow of foot and thought that he wouldn't see a player making a run(See David Luiz)unless there were only two players on the pitch...him and the other player making a run.

Edited by kev61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one of those annoying games where for 35 minutes the opposition didn't make a game of it and for the other 10 looked like they were all over us .

At this stage I suppose three points is all that matters especially when we have to win every game perfectly when everyone around us gets cheap penalties and marginal offside decisions to ease their way .

Willian was awful and then scored a worldy but could have had a hat trick same with Pedro , Hazard awful as a false nine although better in the second half where I guess Sarri had given them all a rocket .

I'm not enjoying watching us at the moment , too slow , too uninspiring , all possession no incision .

We desperately need a focal point up front  and some pace and quality from midfield , Kante easily the best of the three , Jorginho and Kovacic may as well have been replaced by cardboard cut outs for all the impact they made and then Barkley came on with what looked like the instruction to play as ineffectually as Kovacic .

Spend some money , keep the boy .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

Made hard work of it. Should have been more clinical and won by a bigger margin with the chances we created but overall Sarri either has to address these problems. It is obvious and everyone can see them. It really shows his quality and I think we are seeing a bit of inexperience at the top level from Sarri. Coming into Chelsea is never an easy job but he really has sort out these problems. They are not magically going to disappear. Poor teams like this should be beaten pretty easily. 

Still not good enough play in wide areas over 90 mins. False 9 does not work against park the bus teams. I have always said Willian is best at cutting in and shooting from the left. Its all he can really do in the final third if I am honest, asking him to create and make good decisions on the ball he struggles with. The problem is wingers just have to offer more in the final third at this level. 

Jorginho criticism is fair. I said over the past few weeks he has been very poor. We paid £57M for a player to bring in quality. I think he is overrated and Kovacic can do the same role better. Jorginho leaves a lot to be desired defensively which is hard to understand considering where he plays. Kovacic is more of a solid player overall and would be quality in regista I think. Jorginho forward passing is slightly worrying at times. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another win.  Newcastle limited to one very awkward to make shot from outside the box which barely reached Kepa, and a couple of headers, either of which might have gone anywhere, but one of which just happened to finish inches inside the post.

Could easily ended up a 3-0 walkover but for a few inches here, and a few tenths of seconds there.
Good performance  and we will get better this season.

Sarri is doing well, and if you see or here frustration on here, it is simply the lack of anyone to turn against.

Hazard again playing deep (false 9 rather than the short 9 we had leading the line earlier in the season).  Wingers out wider, and the changes we have seen in last 3 or 4 games continuing.
One important part to Pedro's goal was the Azpi run that meant the FB had to pass on Pedro rather than follow him.
1 goal like Pedro requires 3 or 4 good attempts at something similar, and each good attempt is going to be paired with 1 or 2 bag long balls.  Over the 90 mins we were very effective with the long ball from Rudiger or Luiz.
A win win game (for us) between Spurs and Man U tomorrow, makes it a good weekend - so long as City don't let Liverpool get ahead.

 

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

I really do not want to see Willian in the 2nd half, absolutely woeful and disinterested. That is now 1 assist and no goals in 10.5 games, absolute joke for an AM. 

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

(Jorginho) HIs is vying for top spot for the worst signing of all time with Bakayoko.

In a thread with so many stupid posts, Kev's is possibly the most.
(BTW Bakayoko has just started 10 in 10 for Milan, looks like we might get a big chunk of cash back.  Anyone know where in midfield he is playing?)

 

15 minutes ago, Vinod said:

More of a case of Newcastle not deserving anything than us deserving 3 points. A win nonetheless. 

Some sense at last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   

We are stale like  bread at the moment,edible but but not nice to eat added to that a few spots of blue mould,we need to get rid of the blue mould first and then find a fresh new loaf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Another win.  Newcastle limited to one very awkward to make shot from outside the box which barely reached Kepa, and a couple of headers, either of which might have gone anywhere, but one of which just happened to finish inches inside the post.

Could easily ended up a 3-0 walkover but for a few inches here, and a few tenths of seconds there.
Good performance  and we will get better this season.

Sarri is doing well, and if you see or here frustration on here, it is simply the lack of anyone to turn against.

Hazard again playing deep (false 9 rather than the short 9 we had leading the line earlier in the season).  Wingers out wider, and the changes we have seen in last 3 or 4 games continuing.
One important part to Pedro's goal was the Azpi run that meant the FB had to pass on Pedro rather than follow him.
1 goal like Pedro requires 3 or 4 good attempts at something similar, and each good attempt is going to be paired with 1 or 2 bag long balls.  Over the 90 mins we were very effective with the long ball from Rudiger or Luiz.
A win win game (for us) between Spurs and Man U tomorrow, makes it a good weekend - so long as City don't let Liverpool get ahead.

 

In a thread with so many stupid posts, Kev's is possibly the most.
(BTW Bakayoko has just started 10 in 10 for Milan, looks like we might get a big chunk of cash back.  Anyone know where in midfield he is playing?)

 

Some sense at last.

Here he comes the Edward scissorhands of posters - like sarri taking notes during a games he comes flying out of the traps dissecting everyone's posts.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Here he comes the Edward scissorhands of posters - like sarri taking notes during a games he comes flying out of the traps dissecting everyone's posts.

Ever the contrarian for the sake of it. That's our Droy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now