• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 1

kev61   
8 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

P.lease, Kev, don't tempt me!

Ok I will tempt you and I know it's off topic but it's Saturday night.Headlines on the news? greatest british sportsman of all time? a 30 year old multi- millionaire who was nearing the end of his career anyway?

I would still date his mother however.😊

22 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Where do you put the Andy Murray hysterical over - reaction to his retirement thread?

I don't think it was an over-reaction. I think he was desperately unlucky.

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Ok I will tempt you and I know it's off topic but it's Saturday night.Headlines on the news? greatest british sportsman of all time? a 30 year old multi- millionaire who was nearing the end of his career anyway?

What's multi-millionaire got to do with anything?

32 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Without being mean  Joey was never the sharpest tool in the box he probably didn't see the mean spirited asshole  that was Mourhino.

You mean without being a mean spirited blind prejudiced asshole about Joey.

17 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh, there's a few that have said that when it suited them at the time. Mata was another one. It's total bollox though. Usually just refers to taking a supremely gifted creative talent and asking him to "track back".

Many many more than a few.  Odd these players that prefer trophies to the creative freedom to ignore responsibilities.  

JaneB   
7 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Oh Kev...….

6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Couldn't agree more.  

My love and admiration for Roger Federer knows no bounds, but over the years I've grown to respect Andy Murray a lot.  His public persona might not be great at times but he's a top guy, genuine and caring, a great friend and one helluva tennis player.  

I was touched by his tears at the start of his press conference, there was nothing wrong with showing all that emotion on that occasion.  I wish him lots of luck for the future and am sorry his career had to end this way.  

(Sorry Michael, off topic, but just had to say it)

28 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh, there's a few that have said that when it suited them at the time. 

He said it just now on bt sport. Can't see how it suits him now really. Maybe PL medals in your pocket makes you look at the past through slightly rose tinted spectacles. But I can't think of any of his Chelsea players then or now who have openly dissed him. I think they generally liked him.

kev61   
Just now, PeteRobbo said:

What's multi-millionaire got to do with anything?

It's not like he has to work for a living in the future pete.He has achieved what he set out to achieve.Andrew Castle(another tennis player with a hip replacement) said if he had went for a hip replacement instead of an operation he wiould be on the road to recovery.

Contrast that to the young rugby player(can't remember his name) that was paralysed after an accident and was wheelchair bound who was on the cusp of a great career that committed suicide because he was in a wheel chair without achieving anything.

Andy is rich and after a hip replacement will move about like a normal human being.

Ham   
1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Where do you put the Andy Murray hysterical over - reaction to his retirement thread?

He's a brilliant British tennis player.  His brother Jamie, on the other hand is a pretty average Scottish player. 

• Haha 1

kev61   
46 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

"Unlucky" would have been if he was about to conquer the world and then got injured - he conquered the world and got rich and his career was cut short - woe is me!.

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, kev61 said:

"Unlucky" would have been if he was about to conquer the world and then got injured - he conquered the world and got rich and his career was cut short - woe is me!.

You're very grumpy tonight Kev 😟