• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 1

28 minutes ago, kev61 said:

It's not like he has to work for a living in the future pete.He has achieved what he set out to achieve.Andrew Castle(another tennis player with a hip replacement) said if he had went for a hip replacement instead of an operation he wiould be on the road to recovery.

Contrast that to the young rugby player(can't remember his name) that was paralysed after an accident and was wheelchair bound who was on the cusp of a great career that committed suicide because he was in a wheel chair without achieving anything.

Andy is rich and after a hip replacement will move about like a normal human being.

So what? He played tennis at a time when there were 4 of the best players of all time in the game and he upped and competed with them and won 2 wimbledons as well as a US Open I think. I can't think of any other British sportsman who's done anything comparable to that.

Edited by PeteRobbo

4 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

So what? He played tennis at a time when there were 4 of the best players of all time in the game and he upped and competed with them and won 2 wimbledons as well as a US Open I think. I can't think of any other British sportsman who's done anything comparable to that.

At a time when driver safety didn't exist and cars didn't have computers to help drive them, Graham Hill won two F1 world championships, the Indy 500 and the Le Mans 24hr endurance race. I'd put that higher.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Ok I will tempt you and I know it's off topic but it's Saturday night.Headlines on the news? greatest british sportsman of all time? a 30 year old multi- millionaire who was nearing the end of his career anyway?

I would still date his mother however.😊

Phil Taylor. Unquestionably 

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Phil Taylor. Unquestionably 

Darts isn't a sport Martin. It's a pub game. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Another win.  Newcastle limited to one very awkward to make shot from outside the box which barely reached Kepa, and a couple of headers, either of which might have gone anywhere, but one of which just happened to finish inches inside the post.

Could easily ended up a 3-0 walkover but for a few inches here, and a few tenths of seconds there.
Good performance  and we will get better this season.

Sarri is doing well, and if you see or here frustration on here, it is simply the lack of anyone to turn against.

Hazard again playing deep (false 9 rather than the short 9 we had leading the line earlier in the season).  Wingers out wider, and the changes we have seen in last 3 or 4 games continuing.
One important part to Pedro's goal was the Azpi run that meant the FB had to pass on Pedro rather than follow him.
1 goal like Pedro requires 3 or 4 good attempts at something similar, and each good attempt is going to be paired with 1 or 2 bag long balls.  Over the 90 mins we were very effective with the long ball from Rudiger or Luiz.
A win win game (for us) between Spurs and Man U tomorrow, makes it a good weekend - so long as City don't let Liverpool get ahead.

Agree with pretty much all of this.

I suppose I shouldn't be suprised about the negativity anymore but you'd think we were absolutely atrocious reading this thread and we were far from it.

I'm really not sure what people are seeing when they watch us, certainly something completely different to what I see. 

Its not the prettiest football in the world but it's nowhere near as bad as some are trying to make out. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Darts isn't a sport Martin. It's a pub game. 

But something every person can actually play and compete in, unlike tennis which is about as elitist as it gets.

I was only joking anyway.  Can't be anyone other than Steve Redgrave. 

Edited by Martin1905

8 minutes ago, kev61 said:

What about moah farrah? easily ahead of murray to name just one

No way. Drugs all day long.

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

But something every person can actually play and compete in, unlike tennis which is about as elitist as it gets.

I was only joking anyway.  Can't be anyone other than Steve Redgrave. 

Nonsense.