• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 1

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

Willian is a world class player on his day I have said that many times but he looks like someone that his mind is somewhere else other than in a game, don't know why.

I think he’s just knackered. He’s barely been rested this season and starts most games. He really does put in a shift,  but the quality has inevitably dropped off. 

He’s played in fits and starts lately as he seems to be trying to conserve his energy. Can’t question his commitment personally, I just think Sarri should have rotated the squad better. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Wow, good on you! Did you do it at Uni?

Didn't everyone?  Oh sorry I get you.

Yes and a bit after.  I'd like to say I rowed at Henley Royal Regatta with Redgrave.  But by 9.17 am at the end of the 2nd side by side race of the first day, I doubt he had even turned up for his event.  

kev61   
32 minutes ago, JaneB said:

How could I resist? 😉

But I think the lovely Mrs Kev might have something to say about that.

Fancy meeting up babe I will Bring my wife?

Jasonb   
3 hours ago, kev61 said:

Jesus Nobly Joey was good but not that good - having said that Mourhino didn't like him so I could stand to be corrected.

Joe Cole was talented yet he had a major flaw he couldn't score the bread and butter chances so he was moved out to the wing where we had better wide players like Duff and Robben.

GURJ SS   
51 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

We have played Willian in his least favoured AM position for basically his whole Chelsea career. Willian is a left attacking midfielder which means he can cut inside with his favoured right foot (as per his goal tonight). 

Playing him on the right only means we eliminate that option for him. Basically the only positive in playing Hazard as the false 9 - that we can play both Pedro an Willian on their favoured sides. 

Thing is Willian has never been better than the left sided player to justify using him there.

Our biggest problem is currently Hazard being played in the false 9 role, it would work brilliantly if the players around him knew how to respond to a false 9 forward. Hazard has immense ability to hold the ball, meaning he's either going to get fouled or get his move off; unless refs blink at the wrong time and someone blatantly kicks him(which happens far too often). When Hazard receives the ball that should be Willian's, Pedro's and Kante's cue to break beyond him, or at least Willian and Pedro; at the moment everyone stands in their position and the opposition crowds Hazard out by moving up and straight onto his back. Check Barca under Cesc as a false 9, Cesc had two options, he'd either half turn and play it through for a runner or play it back into midfield and they'd pass a through ball for a runner, at the moment we've got no runners going beyond him and going past the opposition's backline which means whatever option Hazard takes it's going to end in the move breaking down and just recycling possession. Also if players ran past him it would draw players away from him and Hazard would find himself with space to turn and run at a backline with 2/3/4 options ahead of him; no team wants to see that coming at them. While the team has had to adjust to this yet again new style of play, it's something they should be communicating with each other; players need to be thinking how best to exploit an opposition's backline not just being content with playing in front of a midfield 4/5 with a backline behind that.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

That too was a joke Pete, After calling tennis elitist. 

Sorry I'm drunk and maybe what I find funny right now just isn't.

Not to worry then

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Bit like Murray's Scottishness!!!!!

In fact I had an accountant who disliked Andy Murray solely because he pulled up an interviewer for calling him English. When I put it to him that Murray was of course Scottish he seemed to think that Andy should still have accepted the fact that he was English all the same. He clearly thought, (and no doubt still thinks), that British means English and nothing else.

Little doubt where he voted on Brexit I reckon!

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

If we're talking sportsmen it's got to be Lance Armstrong .

All those wins .

When I was on drugs I couldn't even find my bike .

When I was on drugs I could find anything man.............

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

Max Woosnam for me is the greatest British 'sportsman', as he: 

Won Gold and Silver at the 1920 Olympics for Doubles Tennis

Captained City (and had a game for us!)

Played for the England national side

Got to the QF at Wimbledon, Final in Doubles

Achieved a 147 in Snooker 

Made a century at Lords

Obviously there are others who have been phenomenal in their own disciplines, but as a 'sportsman' I think it has to be him. 

I think you'll find that C B Fry was a prodigious all-rounder too.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

But something every person can actually play and compete in, unlike tennis which is about as elitist as it gets.

Polo