• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Newcastle United 1

6 hours ago, kev61 said:

As a season ticket holder who doesn't go to watch cup games has it suddenly dawned on you to watch the most talked about young player we have ever produced?

When you take your seat don't forget  that other members on here would like to get ticket for any game.

I have literally no idea what it is you are trying to say, and no confidence that you read all the words in my post. Enjoy the game! 

paulw66   
7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Not to mention the great Jimmy Greaves! People simply forget, and get carried away with the shiny new thing........:)..

Jimmy Greaves had scored 54 Chelsea goals by the time he was the ago CHO is now. 

He is IMO the most talented youth player we have ever produced. JT a close second, but with entirely different atttributes. 

19 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Apparently the ref for this game is the same guy who was in the VAR office on Tuesday and made the call on the offside.....

Well, he owes us then.

You watch what happens if we get a soft penalty or bad offside call go our way , the media will have a field day .

bert19   
23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, he owes us then.

You watch what happens if we get a soft penalty or bad offside call go our way , the media will have a field day .

They can suck it if we do.  We're well overdue some good fortune on that front.

34 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, he owes us then.

Not sure about that. Being the sanctimonious bunch that they are, they still think that they got the decision correct and our furious that we showed our own footage showing that they are wrong.

Apparently when VAR is introduced in the Prem next season broadcasters and clubs will be gagged and from showing their own footage as they are terrified of being undermined. Basically PGMOL and the media will have free reign to push whatever agenda they want with nobody able to question them.

14 hours ago, kev61 said:

As a season ticket holder who doesn't go to watch cup games has it suddenly dawned on you to watch the most talked about young player we have ever produced?

13 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I guess likes of JT, Wilkins, Venables , Ozgood etc. We’re never talked about?

(+ Greaves per MT)
Even shorter term, Carlton Cole, Huth, McEachran, Solanke, RLC, Jeremy Boga, Charlie Musonda and arguably even Ampadu and Dujon Sterling, all have been talked up as much at 18 or so as CHO was until the Bayern Munich bid suddenly drew press attention.  Never mind Scott Sinclair.

But what I really don't get is the reaction to his performances.  The have been good or ordinary, which is fine as far as I am concerned.  He is not making his name on the pitch yet.

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Apparently the ref for this game is the same guy who was in the VAR office on Tuesday and made the call on the offside.....

44 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Not sure about that. Being the sanctimonious bunch that they are, they still think that they got the decision correct and our furious that we showed our own footage showing that they are wrong.

There certainly was a lot in the press about "why our pictures were wrong", and not a word about "Why VAR pictures proved it was offside"

44 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Apparently when VAR is introduced in the Prem next season broadcasters and clubs will be gagged and from showing their own footage as they are terrified of being undermined. Basically PGMOL and the media will have free reign to push whatever agenda they want with nobody able to question them.

Given the very vague details given about how we showed our clip to the world to complain, can anyone confirm this.  It seems to me was all that happened was a Chelsea staff member showed Sarri an Ipad, and someone took a photo of that moment and sold it to the press.  The club hasn't tried to show anything or make any comment on the matter. Post game Sarri avoided discussion of the decision.

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Given the very vague details given about how we showed our clip to the world to complain, can anyone confirm this.  It seems to me was all that happened was a Chelsea staff member showed Sarri an Ipad, and someone took a photo of that moment and sold it to the press.  The club hasn't tried to show anything or make any comment on the matter. Post game Sarri avoided discussion of the decision.

It was before or after his interview Sarri actually presented the laptop to the television cameras to show it, it wasn't a sneaky photo taken over his shoulder or anything. Sky showed/replayed (I kissed the start of the interview) the footage just after his interview in the tunnel and it formed the basis of the post match discussion in the studio.

1 minute ago, Lump Of Celery said:

It was before or after his interview Sarri actually presented the laptop to the television cameras to show it, it wasn't a sneaky photo taken over his shoulder or anything. Sky showed/replayed (I kissed the start of the interview) the footage just after his interview in the tunnel and it formed the basis of the post match discussion in the studio.

Thanks.  Right - I really can't be bothered with watching post match reactions.

"kissed" - missed or did you mean that?  :)